Forum Software Timeline 1994 - 2011

kkm323

forum-softwares-timeline.svg

Alternative Formats: SVG (491 KB) PNG (823 KB) - JPEG (605 KB).​

OoOooOoOoo.....Interesting thread! :)

Fantastic graphic chart you've got there.

Although, what's with the filetype? I've never seen anyone use that filetype before.

When I saved it as a file from this site [xenforo], it showed to me as "Scalable Vector Graphics" [eerr, SVG?]

But thanks for linking to where it originated, Brogan! :)

I won't deny that BurningBoard was awesome back in the day - I administrated one...

But that seems like a bunch of fans proxying to get burning in the lead.

I dont see how Burning Board can be winning...

I have NEVER, EVER run into a forum that runs Burning Board. Until these polls started happening, I had never even heard of them. In fact, since then I've even SEARCHED for websites running Burning Board and still can't find anything. If I search in google, all I can find are articles on burning board exploits and sql injection vulnerabilities... or, scripts on how to convert other forum software to and from Burning Board.

Both Burning Board and MyBB look clearly stuck in HTML3 design (not even HTML4).

I dont see how Burning Board can be winning...

I have NEVER, EVER run into a forum that runs Burning Board. Until these polls started happening, I had never even heard of them. In fact, since then I've even SEARCHED for websites running Burning Board and still can't find anything. If I search in google, all I can find are articles on burning board exploits and sql injection vulnerabilities... or, scripts on how to convert other forum software to and from Burning Board.
A quick search for burning board returned this: http://www.woltlab.com/forum/

:D

I see the list is missing about 7 software titles at least. Not to mention the massive amount of custom build solutions for corporations, or those ASP ones.

Top Bottom