Implemented Forum Sitebar

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Ok melodramatics over... I really don't like this option... I really like how fresh the site looks at the moment... and fits really nicely 30% of my screen (I have 3 windows equal width open next to eachother...

Either way if this is added it should definitely be disable-able ... then again knowing how good kier and mike are maybe they can do it so well I will actually like it :D

Respectfully i don't really think this is a good idea as it would be the same information throughout the website unless someone makes a thread etc We need dynamic content for most of the website.

The real goal of this theme is to be streamlined and sleek which a sidebar will only undo.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Ok melodramatics over... I really don't like this option... I really like how fresh the site looks at the moment... and fits really nicely 30% of my screen (I have 3 windows equal width open next to eachother...

Either way if this is added it should definitely be disable-able ... then again knowing how good kier and mike are maybe they can do it so well I will actually like it :D

Quoted for the truth. We don't want to look like vB4 because, honestly, it's ugly - and that's me being nice. The way the design is now is perfectly fine. Changing the homepage to add a sidebar would make things look tacky.

I think it's already been suggested.
Twice.
Personally, I need a side column on my forums.

I'm assuming sitebar is sidebar.

I have to agree with the majority, no sidebar, please. I think it'll make a good mod for those who want one to install though.

before vb4 I build in the sitebar with template edits, in vb4 I have this on board but I can't use conditionals for different sitebar blocks. I use the sitebar as a additional navigation http://www.hertha-chat.de/forum/forum.php

The user can deactivate the sitebar.

I still must say NOOOOOOOO... Sorry I just don't like it, I agree with the general consensus it should be a mod. (unless Kier/Mike think they can do it brilliantly)

Not having a sidebar would be fine if your forum never had one.
My members are accustomed to it, they will wanted it.
In fact they hated vB's side bar and I went back to vBadvanced.
It's just what people are used to.
Naturally there should a enable/disable function like everything else.

I think having the one on the index page is decent enough, at least for me personally, I imagine people will be creating mods for it when XenForo is released for latest discussions etc, I suppose an option for it to be forumwide wouldnt be bad and would allow those who want one, to use it.

Perhaps having it as a pop-out feature, like the "Quick navigation" box?

That way it is not cluttering up every page or destroying the layout of the site, you can simply pop it out or pop it back in at will.

Top Bottom