Forum Runner acquired by Internet Brands

Rho Delta

I just paid for a branded app by Forum Runner... their email says not to worry and nothing will change... but what happens when my license expires a year from now? Should I be worried?

Me, personally... if I bought something from a company that is now owned by another company that is trying their best to wipe XF out of existence, I'd be worried a bit.

At this point though the only thing Forum Runner customers can go by is the public press releases where they state that support for other forums besides vB will continue.

Me, personally... if I bought something from a company that is now owned by another company that is trying their best to wipe XF out of existence, I'd be worried a bit.

At this point though the only thing Forum Runner customers can go by is the public press releases where they state that support for other forums besides vB will continue.
What I am worried about is not that they will continue support, but that they will continue support until licenses run out and on renewal only offer apps for vB... I would be screwed and my users would be irate that their apps they paid for would be rendered useless.

I prefer Tapatalk and most of our users do too. I do however have forumrunner installed for those members that do use it. I guess it is time to uninstall forumrunner.

An inside source tells me that Internet Brands is looking at TapaTalk too. Don't quote me on that. It could have been just a joke, but this person "joked" about XenForo before they filed a claim. So I honestly do not know.

They don't have the money for TapaTalk, which is why they went with Forum Crasher Runner . Just removed my forum runner app from my phone, and removed the xenforo plug in for it.

They don't have the money for TapaTalk, which is why they went with Forum Crasher Runner . Just removed my forum runner app from my phone, and removed the xenforo plug in for it.

Internet Brands Inc alone may not... I don't know....Their parent company however, may.

I would remove FR from my site but if I did I would have a revolt on my hands. I hope that XF releases their mobile interface soon.

I'm lucky enough that that I don't have many members use XF. As a matter of fact, I think I'm the only one that did.

I don't see why IB would want both ForumRunner and Tapatalk, as well as continuing to support their own mobile suite, which they promise to still support, and "is better than Forum Runner"

hopefully the official XF mobile style will be available soon and none of us will have any real or urgent need for either of these plugins.
I personally have little to no use for a mobile style, I (and my users) actually prefer using the full style on our phones. Now an app is a different story, especially if it supports push notifications.

Top Bottom