Forum Runner acquired by Internet Brands

Why would they? FR gives Internet Brands access to user data for sites that compete with their sites. Does FR run on xenforo.com ? That would give IB access to user data for xenforo.com members.
FR dropping non-vb platforms would be surprising. It would establish nothing except make Tapatalk grow.

That's pretty scary if forum runner and Internet Brands can spy on you.

What's a push notification and does Forum Runner do it? I'm thinking about re-installing Forum Runner.

I just googled "internet brands tapatalk" and it's funny to see how posts on IB owned forums want TapaTalk.
It's only a matter of time.
If you can't build a better mousetrap, buy one already made. And buy another.

I just googled "internet brands tapatalk" and it's funny to see how posts on IB owned forums want TapaTalk.
It's only a matter of time.
If you can't build a better mousetrap, buy one already made. And buy another.
That is only if Tapatalk chooses to sell to them, which probably isn't likely.

Oh I don't know, it wouldn't surprise me to see Tapatalk sell if the money is right. Everyone has their price. Don't know a great deal about mobile apps, but both Tapatalk and Forumrunner always seem to get talked about using. Seeing as IB already own the later, they could corner things nicely if they also own Tapatalk.

Expect they'll be keen to do so!

That is only if Tapatalk chooses to sell to them, which probably isn't likely.

I would assume IB have already tried to acquire Tapatalk and offer declined though that is all speculation but I would have imagined if Tapa are the bigger company they would have been contacted by internetbrands. Thankfully I don't use either and will wait for something official to surface whether it be free or paid.

Hilarious in retrospect:

ClemsonJeeper said:
I've written this add-on for many forum types and XenForo was by far the easiest to write it for. The way you guys have written the software makes it VERY easy to write add-on code to extend it. I was extremely impressed at the amount of time you spent on the add-on extensibility in the Admin Control Panel. Adding options was so easy compared to vB and phpBB!

Pretty sad Forumrunner is another who just took the cash and dashed...

Very glad that XF will have their own native mobile skin incorporated soon enough, thus rendering Forumrunner and Tapatalk null and void for use with XF.

Very glad that XF will have their own native mobile skin incorporated soon enough, thus rendering Forumrunner and Tapatalk null and void for use with XF.
A stock mobile skin will serve the need for a lot of XF sites but there will always be those who prefer an actual mobile app' that offers push notifications and deeper integration (such as uploading directly from the camera). If a dedicated mobile app' doesn't offer integration, is just serving as a front-end to the content, then I would be hard pressed to see why anybody would use it instead of the stock mobile skin.

Pretty sad Forumrunner is another who just took the cash and dashed...
You really can't blame ForumRunner for their business decisions.
Everyone has a price. EVERYONE!
I've come close to selling one of my sites.

Unrelated note: It is funny when comparing TapaTalk to ForumRunner most people prefer TapaTalk.
I have always liked ForumRunner better and installed both on my sites giving members a choice to what they preferred.

A stock mobile skin will serve the need for a lot of XF sites but there will always be those who prefer an actual mobile app' that offers push notifications and deeper integration (such as uploading directly from the camera). If a dedicated mobile app' doesn't offer integration, is just serving as a front-end to the content, then I would be hard pressed to see why anybody would use it instead of the stock mobile skin.
All I want is a simple, built-in stock skin

I disabled Tapatalk in ACP but it is still transmitting data and users can access my forums over the tapatalk app.

Marcus, you also need to Unpublish it from our directory - as soon as you did it, users won't be able to access it - BTW we don't transmit your data to our server :cool:

Top Bottom