Forum Runner acquired by Internet Brands

What it *would* do is give me the headache of everyone in the world knowing I have $1B and also give me nothing to do and probably shorten my life from boredom.

Well, you could always start another forum again. Not the same maybe with all the years and hard work put into the one you own now. But that option is there, no need to be bored out your tree just because you sold. But yes, if it's a great passion and no amount of money will do. I see your point. But I still think everyone "has their price tag".

After playing with Tapatalk for Android... what do you guys like about the app versus a mobile style? So far I'm not seeing a huge benefit in using Tapatalk over what could be done in a mobile style.

And, no, I'm not trying to be argumentative.... just trying to make sure I'm not missing any benefits of Tapatalk that I might not have come across. :coffee:
Leaving the android argument aside for a moment, iOS doesn't allow upload from browser so you need an app to share pictures.

Lol that's a bit much DP
Nah... everyone has a price. :)

...but more on topic... I really don't understand why TapaTalk has no push notifications and also why ForumRunner's push notifications were an after-thought and ended up with a very poor implementation.

The ability to draw users back to your site in realtime via push notifications should have been one of the top design goals. Ironically, it's very easy (and free) to do push notifications from a technical standpoint.

https://developer.apple.com/library...html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40008194-CH100-SW9

How much would your price be to have your body be the test subject for cancer treatment after they somehow implant you with brain and pancreatic cancer? :)

Now come on, be serious here. Who the heck brought "body parts" into it anyway. I thought we was talking about products being sold, not your - soul to the devil. :rolleyes:

Selling to IB is pretty much selling your soul to the devil IMO.

No 100,000 anything would be enough. I've had offers from medical companies already for my main site, and one was six figures, and I rejected it... because the end result is that my site I have developed and maintained I am passionate about, and will not allow it to be tarnished by some medical company plastering it with ads or such.

My price is simple on my principles... I cannot be bought.

I could. I love my family's well-being more than I love my site.

But nobody would offer to buy my site. It's more for fun than for any real purpose.

Selling to IB is pretty much selling your soul to the devil IMO.

No 100,000 anything would be enough. I've had offers from medical companies already for my main site, and one was six figures, and I rejected it... because the end result is that my site I have developed and maintained I am passionate about, and will not allow it to be tarnished by some medical company plastering it with ads or such.

My price is simple on my principles... I cannot be bought.
Same here. Have been offered six figures too. Could have been 8. My site is basically my life, I don't sell my life. ;)

I would hope companies think twice before selling to this evil corporation, but unfortunately most people focus too much on money.

RIM came out with it 2 years later... 2010 for RIM, 2008 for Apple... http://devblog.blackberry.com/2010/03/introducing-blackberry-push-services-to-developers/

Not that it matters... is RIM even still in business?
I love that RIM has dropped 2x the amount it made usually, in just a few quarters, and that apple went from 500 to 600 in the same period of time, and that's twice as much as RIM's last years numbers all together.

SHE'S A KEEPER! Nokia saw that coming as well, and was smart enough to say yes to Microsoft.

I guess I got screwed because I bought the branded app like 2 weeks before they sold. All I can hope for now is that IB actually does the unexpected and makes the app better. I sell mine in the app store, so I am less concerned about a mobile skin because it would eliminate a revenue source for me. Forum Runner should have disclosed this information to me when I made my purchase.

Enough so should the treatment be unsuccessful I can be crygenically frozen and stored for 5000 years so when they figure out a way to fix me, they can fix me and bring me back :)

It would also then mean if the treatments are successful I would be disgustingly rich :D

Hang on a second. Are you telling me the latest <insert apple device> can't crygenically freeze you for upto 5,000 years? I think I may have just made the worst purchase of my life. :cry:

Top Bottom