forum requirements

psaad

Hi
I am looking at purchasing a forum that will be able to do the following, can someone clarify if all of these requirements can be fullfilled with XenForo?
  • Needs to work on mobile - able to browse, post
  • small screen support if requesting desktop site
  • Tapatalk support (for mobile) - all engines below supported - notify users on mobile
  • multilanguage support - dynamic translation plugin required
  • scalable to 100k+ users
  • distinguish between Users and Partners (reseller/distributors) and Staff
  • search box and advanced search
  • rich media support (with size limit)
  • trending articles
  • polls
  • moderation for certain sections if required
  • ability to “mention” @support ... to get the attention of support - or similar
  • hash support for #topics (should we define per topic), twitter, facebook feeds?
  • RSS, share for each article
  • ability to follow certain ‘topics’ to get emails / messaged when content added
  • ? Can messaging method be selected by user? For example, can we allow them to choose RSS, Twitter, FB, email as their default or only method?
  • access to database: add new users, read users out, etc. - required for E-Commerce integration
Thank you
Pat

• Needs to work on mobile - able to browse, post
Works fine on mobile
  • small screen support if requesting desktop site
How small? It shows up well on all modern sizes
  • Tapatalk support (for mobile) - all engines below supported - notify users on mobile
There is a tapatalk addon
Multiple languages supported. Dynamic translation addon not currently available, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement one.
  • scalable to 100k+ users
Easily
  • distinguish between Users and Partners (reseller/distributors) and Staff
Easily done with usergroups and promotions
  • search box and advanced search
As standard...
  • rich media support (with size limit)
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/bb-code-media-improvements-in-xenforo-1-1.19545/
  • trending articles
Not strictly available...
  • polls
As standard
  • moderation for certain sections if required
Standard
  • ability to “mention” @support ... to get the attention of support - or similar
Done via quotes. I think theres an @ addon also available
  • hash support for #topics (should we define per topic), twitter, facebook feeds?
No Hash support
  • RSS, share for each article
Doable via forum RSS feeds
  • ability to follow certain ‘topics’ to get emails / messaged when content added
As standard
  • ? Can messaging method be selected by user? For example, can we allow them to choose RSS, Twitter, FB, email as their default or only method?
Users can define email or subscribe via RSS.
  • access to database: add new users, read users out, etc. - required for E-Commerce integration
This isn't a forum function.. rather just reading / writing data from MySQL?

Multiple languages supported. Dynamic translation addon not currently available, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement one.

Google translation?
Done via quotes. I think theres an @ addon also available

What does the addon do?

This isn't a forum function.. rather just reading / writing data from MySQL?
The idea is to eventually allow users who purchase from our e-commerce site a product, they get automatically registered to our forum so they would share authentication,
Thanks
Pat

Hi
Try the Watch Link in the top right hand corner of any thread.
You can select between on site Alerts and emails.
If the user has the option to link their account to twitter this would be the use for postings.
Not sure that is available.
Sounds easy to make ... someone might be doing it already.
I was thinking you were thinking along these lines:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/hash-tagging.26833/[/quote]

Top Bottom