Forum Points/Gold/Currency

I'm looking into purchasing Xenforo but the community that I'm looking into building with it will require a forum currency mod that users gain forum currency points per post and allows for sending points to other members.
End goal of this script would be to allow folks to trade forum currency earned posting for store credit on our sister site. IE: Spend 100 forum currency points - get 10 credits on sister site.
Realize this will eventually require some custom code and I'm okay with that/willing to pay to make this happen - just curious if the core basis of what I'm looking for currently exists in a working format. Closest thing I've found is http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xfcredits.5336/ but I'm not sure it's what I need.

The last update for that thread was Oct 9th. You may want to PC the author and ask if he still plans on converting his Credits Deluxe to XenForo.

Didn't notice the dates - just PC'd him and sent him an email on his site. Dug through the support forums for his mods and it looks like XF integration is on the backburner for the time being with them as of a post in late march.

Anyone else working on something like this for XF perchance? I'm also very open to talking with coders for a (very) rough ballpark quote to have something like this created.

Some of those guy's mods are insanely awesome. XenForo supporters should try and get him to port over some of his mod. Some of his prices look high but a couple of them are worth it.
It's not really worth his (their) time to port them till more people install XF, which won't happen quickly unless there are more/better mods for it. It's a circular problem that can't easily be solved.

I ****ing hate credit systems on forums. If I see your website has one, I won't visit it anymore. There are so many good mods on vb.org that REQUIRE a credit system and it pisses me off.

Dragonbyte-Tech staff have said that the porting of vbcredits should be started hopefully this summer.
There are already a credits solution, the problem is that a credits addon is probably useless if not integrated with another addons (shop, activity, arcade, gambling...)

Top Bottom