Forum Permission

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 745
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 745

Hi,

How do I make a forum so only admins and mods can create threads (inc uploading | polls) but members can reply only?

admin > users > node permissions > "usergroup" >

can post new thread - deny
can post replies - allow

and of course same thing for admins/mods but:

can post new thread - allow

admin > users > node permissions > "usergroup" >

can post new thread - deny
can post replies - allow

and of course same thing for admins/mods but:

can post new thread - allow
We would generally recommend using deny absolutely sparingly. Use revoke instead. Deny cannot be overriden--ever. It has its uses, but it interferes with the ability to re-add abilities with an additional group.

We would generally recommend using deny absolutely sparingly. Use revoke instead. Deny cannot be overriden--ever. It has its uses, but it interferes with the ability to re-add abilities with an additional group.

What is the difference between the Deny in the Usergroup permissions and the Deny in the Node permissions? Just wondering as there is no revoke in the usergroup permissions

Deny is identical. You don't need revoke a the global group/user level as there's no inherited permissions to remove. (Default is basically the same.)

Deny is identical. You don't need revoke a the global group/user level as there's no inherited permissions to remove. (Default is basically the same.)

Did I do it right, I went to - Admin > User > Node Permission > Main Forum 2 > Registered

Forum Permissions - Can Post New Thread = Revoke

Then goto User > List all Users > User 1 (admin) > User Group

Change user from Registed to Administrive.

Top Bottom