Not a bug Forum member count error

shimspedy

Affected version
2.X
so I would like to know why this happens or if anyone ever noticed it before ... on my forum stats it shows that i have 421 members but when i check all users in my admin panel it shows that I have 634 users.. is this a bug or any explanation?

This is because forum statistics do not count users that are awaiting confirmation or are banned.
so that means that they never confirmed their emails? and some are banned? then why is it that there is no option to delete or purse unconfirmed users after x time ... I think this would spare space and improve performance.

It would save perhaps a few MB out of hundreds or thousands. It would not improve performance.

You can prune users based on your desired criteria manually using the Batch update users tool in the Admin CP.

so that means that they never confirmed their emails? and some are banned? then why is it that there is no option to delete or purse unconfirmed users after x time ... I think this would spare space and improve performance.
Each user that is in that state does not take up much space nor will it affect your performance. I would leave it but each to there own.

Each user that is in that state does not take up much space nor will it affect your performance. I would leave it but each to there own.
right just thought of deleting users with spam emails or unconfirmed would be a better idea but since it doesn't affect anything then I will let it be.. 🆒

@AndyB has a couple of nice little addons that can help if you're interested.

Auto delete email confirm [Paid] will delete users who have not confirmed their email addresses after X days (selectable).

Auto delete rejected [Paid] will do the same thing for rejected registrations, again after a selectable time period.

It may not have much of an impact in terms of server/database space but it does help to trim the user list and make it easier to find things in the ACP.

@AndyB has a couple of nice little addons that can help if you're interested.

Auto delete email confirm [Paid] will delete users who have not confirmed their email addresses after X days (selectable).

Auto delete rejected [Paid] will do the same thing for rejected registrations, again after a selectable time period.

It may not have much of an impact in terms of server/database space but it does help to trim the user list and make it easier to find things in the ACP.
hey, thanks a lot ... this works for me now

Top Bottom