XF 1.4 Forum List Doesn't Update When Deleting Spam

Amaury

I think I've asked this before, but I don't remember.

If I or someone else deletes and bans a spammer, the forum list doesn't update accordingly:

upload_2014-12-6_12-18-36.webp upload_2014-12-6_12-18-59.webp

Notice how the spam thread in General Discussion & Speculation is showing on the forum list, but not on the discussion list.

This seems to only be either when dealing with spammers for some odd reason or permanently deleting their threads, because I just test soft-deleted a thread in The Sandbox, and the forum list updated accordingly to the next non-deleted thread in line.

The only way to resolve this is to rebuild the forum information.

Any ideas?

This isn't something that I recall hearing about before, so my guess is that it could be add-on related.

Disabled all add-ons and it's still appearing there.

But yeah, I can't remember either, but I vaguely can at the same time. I did a search and couldn't find anything, though. Could it be if the spam is deleted via the spam cleaner?

Well disabling add-ons after the fact wouldn't help -- it would only apply if they were disabled when the action was taken (this is cached data). It could be related to the spam cleaner or something interfering with its execution (add-on, server timeout, etc).

Well disabling add-ons after the fact wouldn't help -- it would only apply if they were disabled when the action was taken (this is cached data). It could be related to the spam cleaner or something interfering with its execution (add-on, server timeout, etc).

Gotcha, Mike. So next time we get some spam, disable all add-ons and then clean it up to see, correct?

@Mike, disabling all add-ons and using the spam cleaner on some spam just now properly updated the forum list. :)

It's going to be a pain, but now I just need to figure out which add-on. Thanks!

I have ruled out our custom style as the issue; it is definitely related to an add-on.

We received two spam threads in two different forums overnight, so I was also able to rule out two add-ons as the cause. Luckily, we don't have too many add-ons, so this shouldn't take too long.

I will post an update again when I isolate the add-on responsible.

Top Bottom