1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Forum Links have a path doubled in them

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Trix, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Trix

Trix Member

Title doesn't really explain things very well.

I just moved to a new server, and now my forum sections are not working, because the URL to access them are doubled up, such as

when it should be

Any ideas?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you have installed the software in the /forums directory then that is to be expected.

Install it in the root if you don't want the /forums path in the URL.
  3. Trix

Trix Member

On my old server, it was installed in a forums folder. I have kept the same structure when moving to the new server.

Every thread will load fine, but the sections which contain the threads wont. Does that make sense?

Example. I have a section called 'They Foyer' where people post their welcome posts. The link to the most recent post there is

The link to the section, this post is inside, is

Which brings up a 404 error page saying "The requested URL /forums/forums/the-foyer.4/ was not found on this server."

I'm not sure what's gone wrong during the switch as i've not changed anything, and positive i kept the same folder structure.
  4. Trix

Trix Member

If i disable friendly URLS, then the categories work again, the one mentioned above becomes

Which loads fine. If i re-enable friendly urls, it goes back to as before and fails.

Not sure what i need to do to fix it :)
  5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member