1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Forum Links have a path doubled in them

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Trix, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Trix

Trix Member

Title doesn't really explain things very well.

I just moved to a new server, and now my forum sections are not working, because the URL to access them are doubled up, such as

mywebsite.com/forums/forums/forum-name

when it should be

mywebsite.com/forums/forum-name

Any ideas?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you have installed the software in the /forums directory then that is to be expected.

Install it in the root if you don't want the /forums path in the URL.

3. Trix

Trix Member

On my old server, it was installed in a forums folder. I have kept the same structure when moving to the new server.

Every thread will load fine, but the sections which contain the threads wont. Does that make sense?

Example. I have a section called 'They Foyer' where people post their welcome posts. The link to the most recent post there is

mywebsite.com/forums/threads/hi.10900/#post-93454

The link to the section, this post is inside, is

mywebsite.com/forums/forums/the-foyer.4/

Which brings up a 404 error page saying "The requested URL /forums/forums/the-foyer.4/ was not found on this server."

I'm not sure what's gone wrong during the switch as i've not changed anything, and positive i kept the same folder structure.

4. Trix

Trix Member

If i disable friendly URLS, then the categories work again, the one mentioned above becomes

mywebsite.com/forums/index.php?forums/the-foyer.4/

Which loads fine. If i re-enable friendly urls, it goes back to as before and fails.

Not sure what i need to do to fix it :)

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member