XF 1.4 Forum is 5 hours ahead

JordanH

My forum's time is 5 hours a head for some reason.
Does the forum go by server time? Right now it is 8:17PM June 30th, for me. But my forum is saying its 1:17am July 1st.

So all the "last posts" and such are kinda not right for me. Saying some posts are in the future xD

I think it uses GMT time.

By default, yes. You can change the time zone guests see by navigating to Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information > Guests' Time Zone. However, each individual user can go to account/preferences and change their personal time zone there, though it should detect it automatically upon registering.

We personally have it set to the time zone of our owner--Pacific.

Visiting you from the other part of a big country and registering from your computer?
Not sure that I want that time to be used when I return to my home.

That doesn't necessarily mean it's unreliable, though. You did register from my computer after all. :P When you get back, just change your time zone accordingly.

Hmmm...So it's not reliable???
...and maybe...just maybe!!! not automatically applied when registering?
Depends on if it is using the detect via IP, or if it is detecting by one of those other methods. I honestly haven't dug through the code to see which it does because it's not a life and death concern to me. If the person is to lazy to change it or using a proxy - that's their issue.
And it IS automatically applied - for what it detects if I remember correctly (at least it has been on every site I've signed up to).
If you are using a proxy service and it's IP based.. then no, it's not. But that's like using a GPS and being in a concrete bunker and expecting it to get your location. You are defeating the design parameters.

Now, if you are talking about automatic for each time you connect? I'm sure that wouldn't be that hard of a change, or even to develop an add-on to do it.

Top Bottom