Forum Ideas

Hello XF members,

I am creating a new forum about promoting clans. I always wondered why there isn't much of these forums going around but I wanted to help clans advertise their guild or have players without a clan find one. I am in a bit of a brainfreeze. I'm having trouble coming up with a type(s) of services to help clans improve. I am thinking of a advertisement on my Xbox Live Profile and as well as a Playstation Profile to help out. Possibly also a service to send messages over online members to advertise. I am also thinking of ads on my site which is basic but service can be useful. But there isn't much I can think of. I was wondering if you guys had any ideas that can work.

Thank You,
Michael Lopez

Last edited:
- Try to build a community before you resort to ads. Build a community first, then look at ways for monetizing.
- Perhaps a page that lists all clan members and users can submit their own info via a form?
- Try to incorporate an option where people can advertise their code to get members for games like clash of clans etc.

Solve a problem that exists. If others are already providing a solution for what you want to do, try something else. You might think 'Oh but my site will be prettier etc'...regular members dont care. Content is what drives visitors. Way to get content is to get members. Way to get members is by making them register. How to get them to register? By solving a problem whereby they get the information they want by registering on the site.

- Try to build a community before you resort to ads. Build a community first, then look at ways for monetizing.
- Perhaps a page that lists all clan members and users can submit their own info via a form?
- Try to incorporate an option where people can advertise their code to get members for games like clash of clans etc.

Solve a problem that exists. If others are already providing a solution for what you want to do, try something else. You might think 'Oh but my site will be prettier etc'...regular members dont care. Content is what drives visitors. Way to get content is to get members. Way to get members is by making them register. How to get them to register? By solving a problem whereby they get the information they want by registering on the site.

@NZWarriors
- Regarding your second suggestion- Your talking about a page like [Nobita] Social Groups (Teams/Guilds/Clubs) for XenForo?
- I have been thinking about forums to set up. I just have Clan Promotion (where clans submit their clan info and websites etc) and a Player Free Agent forum as well ( Players looking for clans.)

I am thinking of what content to put on my site. Thank you for your suggestions. I was also wondering, since it is a promotional forum for clans, shouldn't ads be there for clans only?

Thank You
Michael Lopez

Last edited:
Top Bottom