XF 1.3 Forum hierarchy

Ron G

I'm sure that there is a simple solution to my problem, but after a day of frustrating trial and error, I can't find it. I migrated my site http://www.immigration-information.com from vB5 to XenForo 1.3. I really love XenForo and am looking forward to learning how to make my site look better.

I am not running any add-ons nor have I done any customization.

Right now, however, I have a problem with the layout. In vB, I named sub-forums (such as Forum Administration or Frequently Asked Questions) and then had discreet discussion areas contained within those sub-forums.

After the migration, I now find that when I go into what I used to think of as a sub-forum (such as Frequently Asked Questions), I see all of the sub-categories and all of the posts that are in the rest of the sub-forum. For example, in Frequently Asked Questions, there are six sub-categories and the have a total of 23 threads. If I look in the highest level category (Frequently Asked Questions), I see the six sub-categories and from there I can navigate to the 23 separate threads.

What I want to do is name that group Frequently Asked Questions and have it look like what you see when you click on the "Frequently Asked Questions" link.

Can someone point me to any literature that explains how I can do this?

Thanks

Ron

I'm confused what it is you're asking.

What I want to do is name that group Frequently Asked Questions and have it look like what you see when you click on the "Frequently Asked Questions" link.

You want Frequently Asked Questions to look like Frequently Asked Questions?

It sounds as if you are using forums for categories.
Be aware that these are not able to changed as they are in vB.

Categories contain forums.
Forums contain forums and threads.

You are correct. I want to elevate Frequently Asked Questions (and all of the other, similar forums in each section) to the level of a category. Is there any way to do this?

Top Bottom