[#] Forum Digest [Deleted]

Hi Jon,

I updated the app this morning and am now getting the following error.

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_type_id - library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php:14
Generated By: lost_mesa, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/satguys/p...', 14, Array)
#1 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Link.php(369): Waindigo_ForumDigest_Extend_XenForo_Route_Prefix_Forums->buildLink('forums', 'forums', '', '', Array, Array)
#2 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Link.php(97): XenForo_Link::_buildLink('public', 'forums', Array, Array, 'forums')
#3 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Valhalla/Multiview/Helper.php(59): XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('forums', Array)
#4 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Valhalla/Multiview/ControllerPublic/Multiview.php(184): Valhalla_Multiview_Helper::helperMultiview(10, Array)
#5 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Valhalla_Multiview_ControllerPublic_Multiview->actionPosts()
#6 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/multiview/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/xen/multiview/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thanks

I just upgraded to the latest version 1.4 and it's not behaving as expected.
Here are the options settings
1.webp
The categories are fine e.g. https://www.avforums.com/categories/playstation-forums.518/ where the Classic View and Digest View buttons work ok.
However for forums with subforums, it does not work at all.
E.g. https://www.avforums.com/forums/playstation-ps4-vita-forum.491/
Digest view is not applied by default as expected and pressing the Digest View button reloads the page without changing to Digest View.
Could someone help with this bug, please?

Also when Digest View is applied to a forum (and working ok) and there are subforums, I think when the Post New Thread button is pressed, the user should have to select which forum to start the thread in from a hierarchical list of forums composed of the current forum plus the subforums.
Otherwise the user might always start a new thread in the parent forum (thinking that it's ok because of the way Digest View shows all threads) whereas the child forum is more appropriate.
Any thoughts on this?

Lastly I think Digest View by default should be a user option.

Thanks

Hi Jon,

I updated the app this morning and am now getting the following error.

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_type_id - library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php:14
Generated By: lost_mesa, 8 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Waindigo/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/satguys/p...', 14, Array)
#1 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Link.php(369): Waindigo_ForumDigest_Extend_XenForo_Route_Prefix_Forums->buildLink('forums', 'forums', '', '', Array, Array)
#2 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/Link.php(97): XenForo_Link::_buildLink('public', 'forums', Array, Array, 'forums')
#3 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Valhalla/Multiview/Helper.php(59): XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('forums', Array)
#4 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/Valhalla/Multiview/ControllerPublic/Multiview.php(184): Valhalla_Multiview_Helper::helperMultiview(10, Array)
#5 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Valhalla_Multiview_ControllerPublic_Multiview->actionPosts()
#6 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#7 /home/satguys/public_html/xen/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#8 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(42) "http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/multiview/"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["/xen/multiview/"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Thanks

It looks like this is caused by an incompatibility with the "MultiView" Add-on.

Could someone help with this bug, please?

This has been fixed, expect a release momentarily :)

Also when Digest View is applied to a forum (and working ok) and there are subforums, I think when the Post New Thread button is pressed, the user should have to select which forum to start the thread in from a hierarchical list of forums composed of the current forum plus the subforums.
Otherwise the user might always start a new thread in the parent forum (thinking that it's ok because of the way Digest View shows all threads) whereas the child forum is more appropriate.
Any thoughts on this?

Lastly I think Digest View by default should be a user option.

These are all good ideas, I'll look into them when we have time :)

Jake

This has been fixed, expect a release momentarily :)
That's reassuringly fast, thank you.
These are all good ideas, I'll look into them when we have time :)
Thanks. May I stress please that it's quite important that people start threads in the appropriate forum and with the digest running in a forum, it's very likely that people will post their threads right there rather than navigating down to the correct forum.
This means a lot of work for the moderators who have to move threads.
So if I may stress, please, that I think this is quite an important improvement, and probably not a huge job to undertake?

If I enable this on the forum list, I get this server error:
Server Error
Undefined index: forum

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in GFNClassifieds/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 34
  2. GFNClassifieds_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_postDispatch() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 361
  3. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 358
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/public_html/index.php at line 13

Also the link used to digest pages in version 1.0.0 of the addon are broken.
So I'm getting several hits a minute to
Code:
https://www.avforums.com/categories/classified-adverts-digest-view.242/digest
Which produces server errors
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XFCP_Waindigo_ThreadFilters_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Category::actionDigest() - library/Waindigo/ThreadFilters/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Category.php:16
Generated By: Unknown Account, 16 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(108) "https://www.avforums.com/categories...iew.242/digest?order=post_date&direction=desc"
["_GET"] => array(3) {
["/categories/classified-adverts-digest-view_242/digest"] => string(0) ""
["order"] => string(9) "post_date"
["direction"] => string(4) "desc"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

Server Error Log
Error Info

ErrorException: Undefined index: node_type_id - library/Hex/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php:14
Generated By: ukcanuk, 33 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Hex/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/Route/Prefix/Forums.php(14): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/sites/avf...', 14, Array)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Link.php(377): Hex_ForumDigest_Extend_XenForo_Route_Prefix_Forums->buildLink('forums', 'forums', '', '', Array, Array)
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/Link.php(97): XenForo_Link::_buildLink('public', 'forums', Array, Array, 'forums')
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/DigitalPointSpy/ControllerPublic/Spy.php(50): XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('forums', Array)
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): DigitalPointSpy_ControllerPublic_Spy->actionFeed()
#5 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(67) "https://www.avforums.com/spy/feed?last=3881594&r=0.3364366537425667"
["_GET"] => array(3) {
["/spy/feed"] => string(0) ""
["last"] => string(7) "3881594"
["r"] => string(18) "0.3364366537425667"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
@Jake B. I now have over 1500 server errors because of the digest. Any interest in resolving these?

When members are clicking the Digest View button, they are getting a server error notice and this server error fires:
ErrorException: Illegal offset type - library/Hex/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Category.php:143
Generated By: Mr Grimsdale, 1 minute ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/Hex/ForumDigest/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Category.php(143): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'Illegal offset ...', '/home/sites/avf...', 143, Array)
#1 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/DailyStats/ControllerPublic/Category.php(7): Hex_ForumDigest_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Category->actionIndex()
#2 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(351): DailyStats_ControllerPublic_Category->actionIndex()
#3 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/sites/avforums/public_html/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(83) "https://www.avforums.com/categories/home-cinema-building-setup-forums.523/?digest=1"
["_GET"] => array(2) {
["/categories/home-cinema-building-setup-forums_523/"] => string(0) ""
["digest"] => string(1) "1"
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}
I have had to disable the addon for now.

If I enable this on the forum list, I get this server error:

Looks like this one is caused by an incompatibility with the Classifieds add-on, I'll have to contact him to get a copy of it to look into this issue, but will get back to you about it as soon as I'm able to get ahold of him.

Also the link used to digest pages in version 1.0.0 of the addon are broken.
So I'm getting several hits a minute to

This has been fixed

@Jake B. I now have over 1500 server errors because of the digest. Any interest in resolving these?

This has been fixed as well

When members are clicking the Digest View button, they are getting a server error notice and this server error fires:

I'm not able to replicate this, but I think I did find what the issue was, and it should be fixed as well.

I'll release an update for this in just a couple minutes, and will release a fix for the incompatibility with the Classifieds add-on ASAP.

Jake

Looks like this one is caused by an incompatibility with the Classifieds add-on, I'll have to contact him to get a copy of it to look into this issue, but will get back to you about it as soon as I'm able to get ahold of him.
We're not using a classifieds addon, Jake.
I'm not able to replicate this, but I think I did find what the issue was, and it should be fixed as well.

I'll release an update for this in just a couple minutes, and will release a fix for the incompatibility with the Classifieds add-on ASAP.

Jake
I'll install it and perhaps we can look at any remaining problems.
Thank you.

We're not using a classifieds addon, Jake.

I'll install it and perhaps we can look at any remaining problems.
Thank you.

That's odd, there is one showing up in the stack trace of that error, and it's the one that is actually triggering the error:

Server Error
Undefined index: forum

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in GFNClassifieds/Extend/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 34
  2. GFNClassifieds_Extend_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Forum->_postDispatch() inXenForo/Controller.php at line 361
  3. XenForo_Controller->postDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 358
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in/home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/public_html/index.php at line 13

I know you were part of his beta for it, so if you did have it installed and then uninstalled (or disabled) it, then it may be a good idea for you to rebuild your master data as one of his classes are definitely running and throwing the error.

Jake

That's odd, there is one showing up in the stack trace of that error, and it's the one that is actually triggering the error:

I know you were part of his beta for it, so if you did have it installed and then uninstalled (or disabled) it, then it may be a good idea for you to rebuild your master data as one of his classes are definitely running and throwing the error.

Jake
No, I know what it is. I took a snapshot of server errors from our Sandbox. I'm running an earlier beta there as I haven't had time to keep on top of the classifieds addon.
I'm not having those problems on our live server. Apologies for the confusion.

No, I know what it is. I took a snapshot of server errors from our Sandbox. I'm running an earlier beta there as I haven't had time to keep on top of the classifieds addon.
I'm not having those problems on our live server. Apologies for the confusion.
@Jake B. I am, to be clear, having lots of the other server errors. This is urgent.

What other server errors are you having? I went to check from the admin account we have there, but it looks like we don't have permission to see your error log.

Jake
I have given you permission to view the logs.
Ignore the tag related errors. That's Daniel Hood testing Tag Essentials.

Top Bottom