Forum competition prizes

topcat

I like to do the odd competition on my forum but I am running out of ideas for prizes.

I have given all sorts of forum based prizes such as credits from the credits mod. Sparkling user names etc.

Members on my forum are from all over the world and while some wouldn't mind giving me their postal address many others don't like to, so physical prizes are a no no.

I don't mind spending a few quid on a prize if there's anything on line that may appeal to members.

Any one got any suggestions for prizes or prizes you have given on your forums

Cheers

We've given away mugs, tee shirts, calendars, car cleaning products, key rings...

Very little you can't get your forum name printed on these days for a reasonable price.

What i did for my first giveaway is i found a shoe vendor who was willing to donate a pair of shoes that we gave out. For our current giveaway we are doing a gift card. I believe gift cards can be purchased without the address.
This is a great thread i will definably use the tee shirt, calendar, mug idea!!

Yeah i did toy with the idea of having some flash drives with my forum logo printed on them, but when i suggested it i got quite a few moaning about giving their address o a forum ??? to receive the prize

Yeah i did toy with the idea of having some flash drives with my forum logo printed on them, but when i suggested it i got quite a few moaning about giving their address o a forum ??? to receive the prize

I find that odd that they are complaining about that. It is only an issue when they win. And I don't see the problem. I gave away an automotive related key chain. That member had not problem giving an address to receive the prize. I won a prize on a motorcycle forum before and had no problem giving it up. Maybe on a brand new forum it is different.

I have tried to give away money and there was no interest. Some prizes are hit and miss. I need to get my tshirts done. There seemed to be interest in those.

James

Top Bottom