• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Forum center issue

Just installed the latest version. I set the max_width to 1100. But how do i center the forum? I used Google and found several threads but oddly none of them answered my question. Please don't say set the max_width to whatever and the other options to blank, as i read in other threads. Because that moves the forum to the left.

Thank you!

Mr Lucky

This is what I use in style properties > general > page width controller additional CSS

Code:
margin: 0 auto;
max-width: 1200px;

Last edited:
Thanks but as already mentioned above that moves the forum to the left.

Edit: I got it centered but the max width does not what i want it to do. I don't want the forum to stretch all the way to the edges. I want it centered with a max width. Any idea?

Mr Lucky

Thanks but as already mentioned above that moves the forum to the left.
Well, you didn't already mention that, you said you left it blank.

The settings I mention will make a maximum width and centre the forum, I just tested it on a default style and it works perfectly. Maybe you have something in EXTRA.CSS that is overiding it

You mention max_width, that is incorrect - see what I have suggested, it is max-width (hyphen not underscore)

Also with the default setting remove the underscore from _margin

This does work!

Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 16.38.53.png

Last edited:
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I still couldn't fix the issue, what you mentioned simply did nothing. But it doesn't matter anymore as i bought a theme that changed it automatically to what i wanted.