Forum Category Icons

I wish this was a stock feature - easier handling of forum icons. I don't want to upgrade only to lose the template edits I made.

I just had a quick glance at mikos thread, and unless i'm missing something the css code goes into the Extra.css template so your not going to loose anything since it's based on ids and they won't change.

I just had a quick glance at mikos thread, and unless i'm missing something the css code goes into the Extra.css template so your not going to loose anything since it's based on ids and they won't change.

This is correct, Extra.css will not be overwritten or emptied out during an update. Also you wouldn't need an addon for this. Simply upload your images (or adjust the sprite for 1.1) with the icons you want and target each node specifically using css. For example if you want to adjust the image for the second forum:

Code:
.node_2 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon{background:url(/path/to/img/new-icon.png) no-repeat!important;}

Note how I listed .node_2 which specified the 2nd node element on the forum homepage. Firebug can help you find what you need for your particular forums.

Top Bottom