Forum business: how to's

Ra

Well, I was inspired by the message nearby "how to sell forum")
I was just thinking many people are new to the F-business so any advice and tips and tricks would be much helpful.
For instance, what forum price evaluation tools do you use?
How do you earn with your forum?
Did you invest a lot?
Do you prefer to hire a pro to watch for your forum or do it on your own?
Is a forum a selfpaying tool or you have to add something like news page or articles?
Partnerships with other forums - are they worth of that?

For instance, what forum price evaluation tools do you use?: None, they are all crap

How do you earn with your forum?: Private info

Did you invest a lot?: Yes

Do you prefer to hire a pro to watch for your forum or do it on your own?: Do it myself

Is a forum a selfpaying tool or you have to add something like news page or articles?: Depends on the site

Partnerships with other forums - are they worth of that?: Not in my niches

For instance, what forum price evaluation tools do you use?

Did I hear someone say, None, they are all crap! :)

How do you earn with your forum?

Adsense, CPM Networks, CPA leads, Premium Memberships

Did you invest a lot?
It gradually becomes a significant amount even though initial costs are low. But more importantly, it's the time and effort invested which is priceless.

Do you prefer to hire a pro to watch for your forum or do it on your own?

Mostly, you will find impossible to find someone who can do it as good as you simply because it's not their forum and they will have limited motivation.

Is a forum a selfpaying tool or you have to add something like news page or articles?
Forums have the advantage of users starting new topics, but the advantage ends there. For a new forum you have to make countless posts and another myriad of work is to be done before it becomes self sustaining content wise which can take months or years.

Partnerships with other forums - are they worth of that?

Very little unless they are established themselves. And if they are established they wouldn't care to partner with new forums.

valuable, thanks!

one more thing - as a read somewhere - it is now better to buy a working forum than to start a new one, isn't it?

Top Bottom