• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Forum Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

With this mod you will be able to ban individual user/s from certain forum/s of your choise. The banned users will see the forums where they will not be allowed to access but when clicking on them they will get an error message.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_ForumBan.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Forum Ban. There you can enable and disable the mod, choose the ids of the users and forums and set the error message.

For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

Attachments

• Admin CP 1- XenForo_1287349695663.webp
    Admin CP 1- XenForo_1287349695663.webp
    2.2 KB · Views: 106
  • Admin CP - XenForo_1287350750532.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1287350750532.webp
    33 KB · Views: 126
  • ForumBan.zip
    ForumBan.zip
    2 KB · Views: 56
Hmm; Just by looking at the pics i see one flaw. (So i think). If i enter forum ID 1,2 and user ID 1,2. Lets say one is banned from 2 and 2 is banned from 1. I believe that user 1+2 won't be able to view both boards.

Suggestion: Make it a per-user option, instead of global forum / user ban list.
e.g. make it a user-option.

Hmm; Just by looking at the pics i see one flaw. (So i think). If i enter forum ID 1,2 and user ID 1,2. Lets say one is banned from 2 and 2 is banned from 1. I believe that user 1+2 won't be able to view both boards.

That is correct. If you enter uid 1 and 2 to not enter forums 1 and 2 then they won''t be able to enter both those forums. I don''t think that is a flaw, that is what the mod was intented to do.

That is correct. If you enter uid 1 and 2 to not enter forums 1 and 2 then they won''t be able to enter both those forums. I don''t think that is a flaw, that is what the mod was intented to do.

No what i meant was. Say if i ban user 1. But i want to let him view forum 2. But user 2 is banned from forum 2. Wouldn't that make both banned?

Or perhaps done via groups?. I know I could see us using this if we could do it on a group basis.

As of right now, this mod doesn't work. I know it's an old mod, but you'd think it'd work a bit. Do you plan on fixing this or no? My test user could still see and reply in a forum.

As of right now, this mod doesn't work. I know it's an old mod, but you'd think it'd work a bit. Do you plan on fixing this or no? My test user could still see and reply in a forum.

This mod is not supported anymore. I plan to release a new more expanded version but it will be a premium mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom