1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Forum appearance on resizing

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Neil E., Sep 19, 2013.

1. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I've noticed that in 1.2 the forum logo shrinks during a resize. Can this effect be applied to other elements as well?

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Yeah.

Generally you just give the element a max-width with pixels or a width with a % value.

3. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

That doesn't sound quite right. What I'm seeing is actually like a "zoom out" of the logo. I don't see how specifying a max-width or % will trigger this effect. The logo is the only item that shrinks. (1.2 test forum located in a subdomain, no login required to see this, but requires resizing the page way smaller). http://www.xenforotest.odsc.on.ca/index.php

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Chris is correct.
    The CSS for the logo is:
    Code:
    #logo img {
    vertical-align:middle;
    max-width:100%
    }

Chris D likes this.
  5. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What doesn't sound right about it?

If you have an image that's set to be a max-width: 100% of the container its in, and that container shrinks smaller, what do you think happens?

That IS, in fact, what is happening on that site. The logo image is max-width: 100%;

6. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I understand what you mean about the shrinking container. I never knew this behaviour existed. Did the logo css change from 1.12 to 1.2? I couldn't determine where Brogan pulled the CSS from. I want to see if it changed since this behaviour wasn't present before.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, the logo CSS was changed for 1.2.