• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Foreach and button mayham

silence

Alright so I have a foreach loop and I'm trying to increment it after clicking the button, however it won't work. Is there a non-custom JS solution to this or is this an underlying flaw in XenForo?
Fieldset:
PHP:
    <fieldset>
        <xen:if is="!{$auth_id}">
            <dl class="ctrlUnit inputBox">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_auth_id">{xen:phrase teamspeak_identity}</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="auth_id[]" value="None" id="ctrl_auth_id" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
            </dl>
        <xen:else />
            <xen:foreach loop="$auth_id" key="$key" value="$value" i="$i">
                    <dt><label for="ctrl_auth_id">{xen:phrase teamspeak_change_identity} #{$i}</label></dt>
                    <dd><input type="text" name="auth_id[]" value="{$value}" id="ctrl_auth_id" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
                </dl>
            </xen:foreach>

<input type="button" value="{xen:phrase teamspeak_add_identity}" class="button smallButton FieldAdder JsOnly" data-source="dl.inputBox" data-maxfields="{$visitor.permissions.teamspeak.teamspeakIdentityCount}" />
        </xen:if>
    </fieldset>
Screenshot:

Jeremy

You will need JS if you want to increment something post load unless you submit the form, reload the page completely, and update it that way.

Jeremy

What exactly are you attempting to increment? And it should really be handled per-required instance since it can be so varying.

silence

What exactly are you attempting to increment? And it should really be handled per-required instance since it can be so varying.
You can add x amount of identity fields based on a permission setting (data-maxfields="{$visitor.permissions.teamspeak.teamspeakIdentityCount})
I'm using the same feature used when adding poll responses. The only thing I'm incrementing is $i and merely for cosmetic purposes. Submitting works just fine, so I would love for a way to do this just to make it look dandy.

Jeremy

You would have to store the value in JavaScript:

Code:
<script> var iValue = 0;</script>
And in each of your loops:
Code:
<script>iValue = {$i};</script>
Then when you add one, iValue++ you'll have your new number. Use that when inserting your new field.

silence

You would have to store the value in JavaScript:

Code:
<script> var iValue = 0;</script>
And in each of your loops:
Code:
<script>iValue = {$i};</script>
Then when you add one, iValue++ you'll have your new number. Use that when inserting your new field.
Where would I put it since It seems to add on click of the button :S

Jeremy

Well, the two scripts I mentioned, the first one should be before your foreach and the second within it. Usage would occur wherever your JavaScript to add a field is.

silence

ResponseError is just that, an error. Something is wrong if you are getting that and an actual display.
Well I'm trying to tell the user if they use a name that's already in the db. It's all passing to controllerpublic just fine, but what would be an easy way to disable it to the user?

silence

I can't get this working!
This works just fine:
PHP:
<script type="text/javascript">var identity = 1; function increment() { identity++; };</script>
PHP:
    <fieldset>
        <xen:if is="!{$auth_id}">
                <dt><label for="ctrl_auth_id">{xen:phrase teamspeak_identity}</label></dt>
                <dd><input type="text" name="auth_id[]" value="None" id="ctrl_auth_id" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
            </dl>
        <xen:else />
            <xen:foreach loop="$auth_id" key="$key" value="$value" i="$i">
                    <dt><label for="ctrl_auth_id">{xen:phrase teamspeak_change_identity} #<script>document.write(identity); increment();</script></label></dt>
                    <dd><input type="text" name="auth_id[{$i}]" value="{$value}" id="ctrl_auth_id" class="textCtrl" /></dd>
                </dl>
            </xen:foreach>

<input type="button" value="{xen:phrase teamspeak_add_identity}" class="button smallButton FieldAdder JsOnly" data-source="dl.inputBox" data-maxfields="{$visitor.permissions.teamspeak.teamspeakIdentityCount}" />
        </xen:if>
    </fieldset>
However it still won't increment. I tried hooking to the button and incrementing there but it doesn't wanna budge. I tried other functions like alert and they work just fine when executing the button but the damn value won't change! Is it caching the last result or something?

Jeremy

FieldAdded (the class that triggers the addition) doesn't handle the increment, you will have to override that (or internally use it in a function) that adds your new identity number in.

silence

FieldAdded (the class that triggers the addition) doesn't handle the increment, you will have to override that (or internally use it in a function) that adds your new identity number in.
:/ that's just nasty. You think it's worth it since I want to be able to show to the user which field doesn't match the criteria and this seems to be the only way to do it D: