Forcing Already Registered Members to fill out a New Text Field

Hello, so basically I recently added a mandatory text field upon registration to my website. So all NEW members need to fill it out. How can I force all existing members who registered before this text field existed, to fill it out or else they are limited on my website.

Hmm... This is tricky, but I have thought of a way. I'm not sure if it's the best way.

But you could run a query on your MySQL database that automatically populates that custom field where it is currently empty with some sort of string, such as "FILLMEIN"

You can then set up a User Group Promotion that says if your custom field contains "FILLMEIN" then they should be added to a usergroup that essentially blocks them from doing anything. You could put up a notice on the front page that displays a notification to anyone in that Usergroup with the instructions they need to take to restore their access.

The next time the User Group Promotions cron is run, they should be removed from that group again.

It's one way - not the way. I've just tested it on my test board and it works.

That doesn't matter.

The User Group Promotion will add people to an additional user group, not change their existing user groups. Once they fill in the custom field, they will be removed from this additional usergroup and everything will go back to normal.

Top Bottom