1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force login & hide sections

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jake Sully, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Jake Sully

Jake Sully Active Member

Hi, i'm still new to xenforo and i just bought it like half an hour ago and i have been looking through settings and so and idk where to make so guests can view the forum, without needing to login :/ and how do i secure staff sections and so from users that is not supposto see it? so only staff members can see it :)

/Thanks

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Users >> Usergroups >> Unregistered & scroll down to forum permissions.

Not sure whether this was what you are looking for. I may have misunderstood what you are wanting to accomplish.

To set permissions for specific forums goto Applications >> display Node Tree and click on the forum permissions link you wish to modify then modify each group accordingly (you may want to do that with the above as i think i misunderstood you on the gust problem you have.

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/understanding-permissions.360/

Shelley likes this.
  4. Jake Sully

Jake Sully Active Member

still confused on premissions thing :/ i sett it to allowed on every section and groups but still a member of mine cannot post anywhere it says (You have insufficient privileges to post here.) every where on sections where they should be allowed to make a topic in :/

NVM: just got it working now :)