1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force login & hide sections

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Jake Sully, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Jake Sully

Jake Sully Active Member

Hi, i'm still new to xenforo and i just bought it like half an hour ago and i have been looking through settings and so and idk where to make so guests can view the forum, without needing to login :/ and how do i secure staff sections and so from users that is not supposto see it? so only staff members can see it :)

2. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Users >> Usergroups >> Unregistered & scroll down to forum permissions.

Not sure whether this was what you are looking for. I may have misunderstood what you are wanting to accomplish.

To set permissions for specific forums goto Applications >> display Node Tree and click on the forum permissions link you wish to modify then modify each group accordingly (you may want to do that with the above as i think i misunderstood you on the gust problem you have.
    Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Shelley likes this.
  4. Jake Sully

Jake Sully Active Member

still confused on premissions thing :/ i sett it to allowed on every section and groups but still a member of mine cannot post anywhere it says (You have insufficient privileges to post here.) every where on sections where they should be allowed to make a topic in :/

NVM: just got it working now :)