XF 2.0 Hide sections in What's New

Warchamp7

Is there any way to control what content or how much of a type of content shows up in the What's New section?

For example, if I want to hide Resources in the What's New feed and remove it from the tab navigation

Update:
- Removed from What's New top navigation in Admin -> Public Navigation
- Removed the listing from What's New page itself in Admin -> Widgets
- Removed from the What's New tab navigation in Admin -> Template Modifications

Last edited:
It depends on what you're intentions are. If you're happy with hiding them visually, then literally everything is possible. In some cases, someone could still use that function if they know the url. In that case it may vary, but it won't be possible without some custom work.

It depends on what you're intentions are. If you're happy with hiding them visually, then literally everything is possible. In some cases, someone could still use that function if they know the url. In that case it may vary, but it won't be possible without some custom work.

I know I could probably hide the Resources section using CSS as a janky fix but ideally I'd like to disable them properly

Not talking about CSS, I was pointing at templates vs. actual code. Like for example https://xenforo.com/community/whats-new/resources/ will trigger an action even if you remove it from the navbar template. On the other hand, if you just want to hide Resources from public view, yeah, that's achievable with templates without being dirty.

Yeah I'm fine with that

In any case, I just found the resources on the What's New page are handled by a widget so I can control it appearing on the page there

Still can't figure out if I can remove it from the What's Nev tab bar though

Top Bottom