For all who migrated from Vbulletin

The Digital Doctor, The 8th Legion: Yeah, I was thinking about making use of those add-ons. I even thought of how neat it would be if I could simply copy that "Latest News" block from the xPortal add-on (http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xportal.8710/) and paste it on my Forums page above the forum listing.

Yeah, the problem is that for that "Sample Topics" block I showed a screen shot of above, I do not want such a block on a separate page, but on the Forums page above the forum listing. I am unaware if I can simply copy the block I want from the portal or other add-on and stick it on the Forums page.
You can do that with xenporta. There's a switch that lets you add blocks to forum home. If that's all you want then that's all you need. You don't have to use xenporta for anything else. No need for a separate page. It's awesome man.

Huh? Ctrl - B (and I, U, etc) all work in the vB editor.
Depends on what version you use, what browser you use, etc.
Chrome, 3.x+ (vB), assuming firefox as well.... not possible. It IS, however possible in IE
With XF, it just works out of the box, no matter what browser, what version, it's worked since day 1

Depends on what version you use, what browser you use, etc.
Chrome, 3.x+ (vB), assuming firefox as well.... not possible. It IS, however possible in IE
With XF, it just works out of the box, no matter what browser, what version, it's worked since day 1
What version of vB4 are you referring to because I just did it over at vb.com and I'm using Chrome.

A few possibilities that might be helpful:
I'm planning on migrating this Saturday (1/7/12)
  • The XF editor is...ummm...lacking (Try using it with Chrome and you'll understand). IMO the editor is one of the most important features of a forum as it's the one thing most everyone uses.
I'm OK with it but it's a big one for you if not. I have seen stuff on the board about using alternatuive editor.
also there'd a bbcode manager which adds several key functions + you can create more.
  • Shockingly the vBCMS. We used it as a basic How-To article storage system and it worked pretty well. It wasn't without its issues though.
There's Jaxel's portal, and I have seen a couple of others on the way.
I'm working with a developer to make a really amazing really radical approach CMS ... first part available very soon for articles.

You'll find that responses are excellent if you want to get something developed as an addon - and they are generally good quality too.

Not sure why Chrome won't in the multitude of sites I'm on, and I administer. IE seems to do it, Firefox, I don't even touch that bloated program any more ;)
The latest release of vB is actually very solid/stable, however they lack direction, which is one reason why I'm switching. Don't feel like waiting +1 years for something innovative to come out, and then still be behind the curve.

Not sure why Chrome won't in the multitude of sites I'm on, and I administer. IE seems to do it, Firefox, I don't even touch that bloated program any more ;)

Oh for heavens sake I wasn't dickwaving browsers. I was just giving information to add to your previous post where you indicated you didn't know about Firefox performance with this editor on XF.

Oh for heavens sake I wasn't dickwaving browsers. I was just giving information to add to your previous post where you indicated you didn't know about FF.

Some addons, and the logging of moderator actions etc. in topic logs.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there are Mod logs in your ACP.

Mod Log.webp

Missing the following

Subforum - grid system layout (not a real biggie I just don't introduce subforums on my site)

Smiley Manager - there is one in the sense though I find the current smiley manager in xenforo prity much as basic as it gets. it needs sorting of smilies, catergories (backend/frontend) layout/structure re-think. But since this is yet to be introduced it is planned or atleast some features are but this is something I've missed. Smiley batch importing is a must I've since added 85 smilies (not fun at all) and many more to other sites. If they can do this without introducing overlays, dropdown menus of death it could be another innovative successful feature that other products have still failed to accomplish.

Toggle sidebar - Missing (no biggie now) but it should be part of the core.

Post Icons - I miss them. Okay so I'm BS'ing I don't miss these at all this is an example of a feature I thought i needed and actually admitted to not needing at all.

I used this to accomplish this with the subforums:

subforums.webp

Yes a smiley manager would be nice, along with a way to limit how many get shown in the dropdown before you have to click "view more". :mad:

emotes.webp

I (and others) have ads under the siderbar, so if a toggle is ever added, I'd prefer it being optional.

I found the vB Post Icons silly, IMO it was just another distraction.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about, but there are Mod logs in your ACP.

View attachment 23250
No, in vBulletin, if you were watching any specific topic, you could use "edit topic" to see all moderator actions in that specific topic, like it getting closed, or sticky, including who did it etc. It was quite useful if some specific topic was suddenly closed, for example.

Smiley Manager - there is one in the sense though I find the current smiley manager in xenforo prity much as basic as it gets. it needs sorting of smilies, catergories (backend/frontend) layout/structure re-think. But since this is yet to be introduced it is planned or atleast some features are but this is something I've missed. Smiley batch importing is a must I've since added 85 smilies (not fun at all) and many more to other sites. If they can do this without introducing overlays, dropdown menus of death it could be another innovative successful feature that other products have still failed to accomplish.
Along those lines, really wish I could import the many smilies I had on vBulletin 3.x with the same text I assigned them so they show up again in old posts. During my search, I was excited to find "[SchmitzIT] Smilies Bulk Importer," but so far have no success getting the executable to, well, execute.

Top Bottom