Footer Privacy Policy Redirects to Home

dhormigo

Hi friends,

I updated Xenforo today and the privacy policy link redirects to home. Why does that happen?

The default features are fine. I've checked, however, I do not understand why this happens.

I had a similar problem and the answer given was.... "The reason your custom URL is appearing automatically is because it comes from the "Privacy policy URL" option under Admin > Options > Basic board information."

Check to see what yours is set to

I am having the same problem as @dhormigo and @webbouk -- My privacy policy refuses to updater in the footer and instead just defaults to my website's 'home' URL. The ACP->Basic Board info is correct and all the other footer options are working fine. The privacy policy is also working from under Help .. it is just as if the footer link is not being updated by XF. @Brogan could you please offer some help, kind Sir?

I had a similar problem and the answer given was.... "The reason your custom URL is appearing automatically is because it comes from the "Privacy policy URL" option under Admin > Options > Basic board information."

Check to see what yours is set to

Thanks for your response but the option is predeterminated.

When I change to the default template if it redirects well, what can I do?

The same for me @Drunken

Looks like an issue with the style itself. You can confirm by checking it on an unedited default XF style (this can be re-created by creating a new style with "No Parent").

The style designer will likely need to provide an updated style.

Looks like an issue with the style itself. You can confirm by checking it on an unedited default XF style (this can be re-created by creating a new style with "No Parent").

The style designer will likely need to provide an updated style.

I doubt that the developer updates, what modification could it do?

@Chris D thanks! Yes, it seems to work properly under the default style - it could have likely been a "Oops" on my template merging too, but one link is a minor thing thankfully. .. I will loop in the creator of my theme here @whitesky so they are aware of the little hiccup. The only other thing I noticed is that the creation of any type of "fixed" list notice always comes back with the error "please enter a valid value" even though there are no values to add and it does not indicate what it is looking for or where... obviously something I should likely post in a different thread.... :whistle:

@Chris D while others, such as myself, wait on a fix for the link issue .. wouldn't the theme be calling for that particular info from a one particular template that could be modified to update the link....or could it be multiple locations making it more of a challenge for a non-web-savvy person to navigate?

Just to clarify my issue was to do with a change that had been made previously to add a custom Privacy Policy within the ACP, not a theme issue.
Once I changed the ACP setting to use the default setting as advised, everything worked as it should

Top Bottom