Food Fantasia

I've just had a late breakfast (sorry, no pics), came back and saw the new replies in this thread, and it's making me hungry again. This is dangerous. :p Kier, that jerk seasoning sounds awesome.

A simple greenhouse to keep pests out and yes you can...as long as the water system can't be compromised by the elements you would be ok...and actually if the water/feed stays ambient to the surroundings you don't run the risk of shock ( to the plants not electrical ) when the pumps turn on. I won't post anymore gardening tips here (for topics sake) but if you can give me usable dimensions for your gardening space I can sketch up and scan a quick layout of what you can do , though I don't know pricing and availability of materials in your area. but generally use pvc to make a frame and clear plastic soft-goods to wrap the structure with and you got a green house. If heat is a problem you can add co2 (foodservice think pepsi fountain) into the air and it can maintain life in average temperatures 20 degrees warmer without burning or wilt.

I would just get an aero tray if you don't like building.. those systems are over priced for what they produce...( you have to look at the light spread like the angle it moves outward and downward at.)

If you want some advice on it pm me and I'll start a Tech-Gardeners Thread as I don't want to pillage DragonFly's thread here :) ( That goes for anyone.)

On-Topic: Sundays I make homemade gnocchi and sauce and if I remember ( start early at 4 am) I will get some footage of the process as it goes. If not at least some pictures so y'all can get a general idea of the way we do it in our family.

Just wrote up a big thing about the hydro gardening.... lol but I think you should start a veggie gardening thread, would love to learn a lot more about it :D

I would love to see how you make your gnocchi too, that is one thing I just can't seem to do right, it always turns out like lumps of glue >_<

It's a jerk seasoning made with garlic, cayenne pepper, dried onions, black pepper, celery, coriander, paprika, sage, pimento, cinnamon and thyme all blitzed together and dried.

That sounds fab, will have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing your recipe. :D

Just wrote up a big thing about the hydro gardening.... lol but I think you should start a veggie gardening thread, would love to learn a lot more about it :D
Will do that at some point today :)
I would love to see how you make your gnocchi too, that is one thing I just can't seem to do right, it always turns out like lumps of glue >_<
I have a secret for that....:rolleyes:...which I may or may not include in the video :p

Will do that at some point today :)

I have a secret for that....:rolleyes:...which I may or may not include in the video :p

Well I wouldn't ever try to coerce a secret recipe of course... but if you felt like sharing it I wouldn't complain!
whistling.gif

Well I wouldn't ever try to coerce a secret recipe of course... but if you felt like sharing it I wouldn't complain!
whistling.gif
That was the sweetest way I have ever heard anyone say "run that recipe fool". :)

I will be sure to include all the secrets as it would be a terrible waste of food to make mushy Gnocc's :) (makes bitter beer face)
Just make sure when you tell someone how to do it , call it Filomena's Gnocchi and we'll call it even.

That was the sweetest way I have ever heard anyone say "run that recipe fool". :)

I will be sure to include all the secrets as it would be a terrible waste of food to make mushy Gnocc's :) (makes bitter beer face)
Just make sure when you tell someone how to do it , call it Filomena's Gnocchi and we'll call it even.

hehehe Run that Recipe fool!

oh and it's a deal....
deal.gif

*makes plans to open a world wide chain of Filomena's Famous Gnocchi house's*
wicklaugh.gif

I am so hungry right now and planning to order pizza as the rest of the week as my lovely wife is at vacation and i can't cook.

Well it is Friday night here... and Friday night means Pizza night!

Home made of course! I make pizzas from scratch every Friday night, the dough I make in the afternoon and it's ready to go by evening, I always make extra dough as we often have extra mouths on Friday for some reason :p And the left over dough is great the next day for Cheese and Bacon rolls, or various other yummy things!

Tonight's pizza delight was, Chicken supreme with everything but the kitchen sink on it including some veggies, and topped with fresh Basil (my fave herb)! Was yummy!

I also made a large pizza each for my son and his friend who is staying over for a gaming night :| ... but disaster struck with one of them, it slipped out of my grip when I was taking it out, and in the scrabble to try to save it.....the whole dang topping slipped off and went everywhere - all over the floor, under the oven, all over the oven door and in the crack between the oven and door too... >_< OMG it was a mess, mind you the dogs enjoyed cleaning it up off the floor!!! But I am not looking forward to cleaning the oven tomorrow! And I had to make another one >_< lol hungry teens!

Well here is ours.. it was yummy! No dough left over tonight, but some pizza left over for lunch tomorrow... or breakfast
shifty.gif

View attachment 1522
I just got up, haven't had breakfast yet but... ugh now I want some of that and I'm ten times hungrier. :(

I am so hungry right now and planning to order pizza as the rest of the week as my lovely wife is at vacation and i can't cook.
I am sure you could if you tried ;)

Try Kier's Nachos.. he gives you step by step, and it would be quicker than ordering a pizza ;)

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...57/page-3#post-47735

Home cooking trumps takeout any day, IMO. Not only is the food better, but you have the personal satisfaction of having created it yourself. It's one of life's "natural" pleasures. :)

ugh now I want some of that and I'm ten times hungrier. :(

Well there's a couple of bits left over, but you better be quick, it's now about 7 hours since I ate some of that, and i am hungry again, they are looking reallllll tasty in the fridge there :p

Time to go to bed instead I think.

Home cooking trumps takeout any day, IMO. Not only is the food better, but you have the personal satisfaction of having created it yourself. It's one of life's "natural" pleasures. :)

Couldn't agree more, we almost never get take out, and when we do it is usually fish and chips from our wonderful local fish and chip place... as all other take out is really YUCK compared to the food we make ourselves at home.

I agree home cooking is way more delicious then fast food. However i know myself. If i enter kitchen and start cooking , end scenario is pretty clear : Kitchen in huge mess , food is burned . Unfortunately cooking and me should stay separate. I am great on BBQ though but it requires a different expertise :D

Top Bottom