Food Fantasia

I'm heading out to the Royal China in Henley on Thames tonight with Ashley and Scott (MacVicar) for an awesome all-you-can-eat chinese. I've been starving myself specially :)

Will take some pics of the dishes tonight.

Salmon filet, spring onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper, scalloped with a dill cream sauce and boiled potatoes. Unfortunately I saw this thread after dinner, so no picture available :)

din din form last night:
Sundried Ravioli in Sherry sauce
0831101631.webp

Strawberry Cheesecake with Raspberry sauce
0831101703.webp

I had chille con carne with rice tonight. Was nice. But I think I might make myself a nice pasta salad tomorrow.

Salmon filet, spring onions, ginger, garlic, red pepper, scalloped with a dill cream sauce and boiled potatoes. Unfortunately I saw this thread after dinner, so no picture available :)

Now that sounds nice! Shame no pic :D

Low fat isn't an issue, low carb is.

LOL

Liz

Well that's debatable, but sure whatever works for you and keeps you healthy -
I personally think low carb is a big con job to sell the latest books touting "miracle secret of weightloss - all you have to do is stop eating ........ <--- insert foodgroup " and frankly dangerous - anything that says you can eat all the high calorie, artery clogging, high cholesterol fat you like but don't be touching those carbs (including most fruit and grains and even veggies) is not sound imho, and will eventually be shown to be just as unsound as the 80's catch cry of low fat as the secret to weight loss ... there is no bad food groups, only Too Much food, too many calories....

Here is a list of the top 10 Healthiest diets in America - none of them are low carb.

I know someone who lost 20 lbs eating no carbs, she gained it right back again, and a few years later has successfully lost 50lbs using Weight Watchers.. which of course follows a low (bad) fat low (bad) carb calorie controlled approach, which is in fact the only thing that works long term for the vast majority of people.

Of course your health aims might not be weight loss, perhaps you have Diabetes that requires you to limit poor quality Carbs (which I am all for in everyone) ??

Well that's debatable, but sure whatever works for you and keeps you healthy -
I personally think low carb is a big con job to sell the latest books touting "miracle secret of weightloss - all you have to do is stop eating ........ <--- insert foodgroup " and frankly dangerous - anything that says you can eat all the high calorie, artery clogging, high cholesterol fat you like but don't be touching those carbs (including most fruit and grains and even veggies) is not sound imho, and will eventually be shown to be just as unsound as the 80's catch cry of low fat as the secret to weight loss ... there is no bad food groups, only Too Much food, too many calories....

Here is a list of the top 10 Healthiest diets in America - none of them are low carb.

I know someone who lost 20 lbs eating no carbs, she gained it right back again, and a few years later has successfully lost 50lbs using Weight Watchers.. which of course follows a low (bad) fat low (bad) carb calorie controlled approach, which is in fact the only thing that works long term for the vast majority of people.

Of course your health aims might not be weight loss, perhaps you have Diabetes that requires you to limit poor quality Carbs (which I am all for in everyone) ??
Well, I am diabetic and on an insulin pump so low carb it is. But I am also having bariatric surgery called a Duodenal Switch. When I finish having that surgery, I will be on a whole different math system for counting fats as I will then only absorb about 20% of the fat I eat. http://www.dsfacts.com/ds-math.html

Also did you not see this study: Similar Weight Loss, HDL Edge for Low-Carb vs Low-Fat In Randomized Diet Study
Liz 

Well, I am diabetic and on an insulin pump so low carb it is. But I am also having bariatric surgery called a Duodenal Switch. When I finish having that surgery, I will be on a whole different math system for counting fats as I will then only absorb about 20% of the fat I eat. http://www.dsfacts.com/ds-math.html

Also did you not see this study: Similar Weight Loss, HDL Edge for Low-Carb vs Low-Fat In Randomized Diet Study
Liz

ahh well that makes more sense if you are diabetic, good luck with your surgery.

No, I didn't read that .. but then I am not on a low fat diet, I am on a calorie controlled diet, low bad fat, low bad carb, but nothing is forbidden ;)

Sorry if it read like I was going off about low carb, I have just had a lot of people try to tell me how low carb is the only way to go, and I vehemently disagree with the concept of removing any one essential food group.

Well tonight we had a Cajun Chicken burger, it was not too bad, I didn't get out to the store until late and all the good grainy bread rolls had sold out, only white left, so that was a bit ordinary, but overall not bad, certainly better than fast food burgers imho, and quicker to make than going to the fast food place!!! :D

Chicken breast with my own cajun spice mix, short cut bacon (I think that might be what is called Canadian Bacon in the USA) pineapple ring (in juice not syrup) and a bit of token salad so the kiddo would still eat it :p

chickenburger.jpg

Can I just move in with you? Everything you have posted looks lush!! :)

I never ended up with pasta salad - had (home made) breaded chicken breasts with chips and a little bit of cheese, with plenty of salad and washed down with a glass of 100% orange fruit juice.

Can I just move in with you? Everything you have posted looks lush!! :)

I never ended up with pasta salad - had (home made) breaded chicken breasts with chips and a little bit of cheese, with plenty of salad and washed down with a glass of 100% orange fruit juice.

LOL maybe we could set up a big commune :p
hippi.gif

Your dinner sounds nice! I would much rather the chicken than the pasta salad :p

Top Bottom