Food Fantasia

LOL yeah sometimes ours don't make it to being photographed, they get eaten before I remember! :p That looks great Shamil! Half and half is a great idea for the variety! :)

Tonight we had a tasty but simple dinner - Nice free Range Chicken roasted with Walnut/mushroom/herb stuffing (cooked separately) and Roast spuds , steamed veggies, and gravy... mmmmm it was very yummy.

View attachment 11055

I should have made a lucious sexy dessert, it being Valentine's Day, but I didn't think of it until it was too late :p
I feel hungry again.

Bad light, poor quality pictures, sorry.

Photo%20Feb%2015%2C%200%2057%2001.jpg

Photo%20Feb%2015%2C%200%2057%2024.jpg

Sounds really nice, a pic would be awesome next time you make it :)
All I have now are leftovers in Rubbermaid containers. ;) It pretty much looks like your standard spaghetti and meatballs. The nice part is that without ground beef, it's not getting our (aging) stomachs upset. There is just enough sausage to give it some flavor, but not too much to make it all greasy.

I'm actually in the mood for some more chicken Marsala. Emeril's recipe is actually quite good, and I use "baby" portobello mushrooms as opposed to the other varieties. And I can actually have it thrown together and simmering within 35 minutes, which is great with our hectic schedules.

Steak Fajitas... very delicious!

Sauce in production, so colourful!

Fajita_sauce.webp

Wrapped in burrito wraps with Guacamole, Cheese, light sour cream, lettuce..

End result, I pressed them in the Sandwich press so they would stick together!

steakfajita.webp

We've made the fajitas a few times, but I marinate and grill the chicken outside on the Weber, then slice them thinly once I get inside. Seems that no matter how much I make, we always clean up all the chicken from the platter! I usually sautee some bell peppers and red onions in the skillet, and serve tomatoes, cheese, sour cream and salsa on the side. Everyone makes it up their own way.

Hungry again!

Oh yum!! you're making my mouth water...

Have you ever had fajitas with venison? That's delicious!

:D Well with you that is a good thing, you don't eat enough, so making you hungry is a bonus! :D Go.. eat something strike whilst the iron is hot ;)

No, I haven't had fajitas with venision, but I am not a fan of game meat myself, too strong in flavour, I am sure if you like venison it would be a great way to have it, Jeff loves it for example so he would enjoy those!

We've made the fajitas a few times, but I marinate and grill the chicken outside on the Weber, then slice them thinly once I get inside. Seems that no matter how much I make, we always clean up all the chicken from the platter! I usually sautee some bell peppers and red onions in the skillet, and serve tomatoes, cheese, sour cream and salsa on the side. Everyone makes it up their own way.

Hungry again!

Yum! those sound good, I have done chicken ones in a similar way too, and we have also done the "Do it Yourself" version good fun, but these I wanted to try the pressing method, and I preferred the way they held together being pressed I must say.

But yeah, everyone has their own ways of doing things in cooking, that is one of the great things about discussing it, finding out new or different techniques.

Come to think of it, I don't marinate the chicken--I found a recipe for a "southwest" rub from one of the Weber cookbooks (either Weber's Art Of The Grill or Real Grilling), and use that on the chicken. It has just enough seasoning without being overpowering or salty.

Come to think of it, I haven't grilled much this winter. Usually I have it running year-round. It's been so busy with school and shuttling kids around that I haven't had time to do much outdoor cooking lately.

:D Well with you that is a good thing, you don't eat enough, so making you hungry is a bonus! :D Go.. eat something strike whilst the iron is hot ;)

No, I haven't had fajitas with venision, but I am not a fan of game meat myself, too strong in flavour, I am sure if you like venison it would be a great way to have it, Jeff loves it for example so he would enjoy those!

well... I didn't go make fajitas, but I did make those ginger muffins again tonight and have just munched on a couple of those with a nice cup of Earl Grey! :D

Yeah I guess game is one of those things that you like or you don't. I grew up in the New Forest so used to eat a lot of venison and pheasant.

well... I didn't go make fajitas, but I did make those ginger muffins again tonight and have just munched on a couple of those with a nice cup of Earl Grey! :D

Yeah I guess game is one of those things that you like or you don't. I grew up in the New Forest so used to eat a lot of venison and pheasant.

Oooo an Earl grey, I could really go for one of those about now, not sure we have any.... *rushes off to check*

I remember when we lived in rural Scotland as a child, at my best friend's place, her Dad had a pheasant "hanging" in a shed, and OMG the smelll... eeeewwwwwwww lol no way would I eat that :p It has literally put me off for life!

Oooo an Earl grey, I could really go for one of those about now, not sure we have any.... *rushes off to check*

I remember when we lived in rural Scotland as a child, at my best friend's place, her Dad had a pheasant "hanging" in a shed, and OMG the smelll... eeeewwwwwwww lol no way would I eat that :p It has literally put me off for life!

haha, I live on Earl Grey - couldn't live without it! If I could send stuff like that through the internet, I'd have a box of it there for you right now! :P

Lol, I love pheasant. You're missing out! :P You don't get a lot of meat from a single bird, but yum, it tastes good! :) Seriously though, I can imagine if your first encounter with pheasant was the sight and smell of one hanging in a shed... that might not have been the best introduction you could have had *giggles*

Come to think of it, I don't marinate the chicken--I found a recipe for a "southwest" rub from one of the Weber cookbooks (either Weber's Art Of The Grill or Real Grilling), and use that on the chicken. It has just enough seasoning without being overpowering or salty.

Come to think of it, I haven't grilled much this winter. Usually I have it running year-round. It's been so busy with school and shuttling kids around that I haven't had time to do much outdoor cooking lately.

I'm a big fan of the BBQ, mainly as it means Hubby cooks!!! :D yay! But we haven't been doing much of that lately, it has actually been too hot!

haha, I live on Earl Grey - couldn't live without it! If I could send stuff like that through the internet, I'd have a box of it there for you right now! :p

Lol, I love pheasant. You're missing out! :p You don't get a lot of meat from a single bird, but yum, it tastes good! :) Seriously though, I can imagine if your first encounter with pheasant was the sight and smell of one hanging in a shed... that might not have been the best introduction you could have had *giggles*

I have put Earl Grey tea on the shopping list, I have a serious hankering now :p Dang you! *shakes fist*

Yes I have to admit it was a pretty horrible encounter - that bird hanging there all dead and smelly, and then to find out someone was going to eat it *gag* lol ewwwwww

I have heard it is a gourmet delicacy, but not one I am likely to try I'm afraid!

Top Bottom