Fixed font weight of text in posts and text editor

Mr Lucky

I thought this would be obvious, ie under typography in Style properties, but changing the font weight there doesn't seem to affect it.

Can anyone please help?

They're not overridden from the "normal" font weight all the way back at the root element.

They should only be set to whole hundreds values (100, 200, ... 900). It's a bug that the input lets you set them to values between this.

Note that what levels show differently will vary between devices and fonts used.

They're not overridden from the "normal" font weight all the way back at the root element.

They should only be set to whole hundreds values (100, 200, ... 900). It's a bug that the input lets you set them to values between this.

Note that what levels show differently will vary between devices and fonts used.

That is what I'm doing, I change normal font to 500 from 400 - no difference. Not even any difference if I change to 700. (Testing also with default style)

Last edited:
Well, this works

CSS:
.message-body

{font-weight:500}

but seems odd that I need to do that when there is a style property

Yeah, that would appear to be a bug. We'll need to add this explicitly in our CSS for consistency.

This is fixed now -- we needed to set font-weight: @xf-fontWeightNormal; explicitly on the html element.

Top Bottom