As designed font-family: inherit; does not get saved via WebDav

Arty

When trying to save this style property via WebDav:
Code:
    @property "navTabLink";
     display: block;
     font-family: inherit;
     @property "/navTabLink";
it saves only display:block; but not font-family. font-family line just disappears like it was never there.

HTML output:
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a
{

}
It happens only when saving style property via WebDav. When entering "inherit" in font family field in admin control panel's style property editor it works fine.

Tested with 1.4.0 RC 1

This isn't something I'm going to change right now as there are a lot of cases where inherit doesn't work (any sort of shortcut property, for example). If you put inherit in and end up triggering a shortcut, it will fall over. As such, they're not expected in style properties -- we explicitly disable it:
Code:
                    else if ($value == 'inherit')
                    {
                        $isValidRule = false; // can't put inherit rules in properties
                        $nonPropertyRules[] = $ruleMatch[0];
                    }

I should note that it actually gets moved out of the rule automatically, at least via the ACP itself:
Code:
.x
{
@property "navTabLink";
@property "/navTabLink";
font-family: inherit;
}
I'm not sure if something is interfering with that via WebDAV (possibly client specific).

I was referring to the context of style properties. We create the shortcuts dynamically and do not account for inherit, which would require the properties to be done in long hand.

Top Bottom