• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

As designed font-family: inherit; does not get saved via WebDav

Arty

When trying to save this style property via WebDav:
Code:
    @property "navTabLink";
     display: block;
     font-family: inherit;
     @property "/navTabLink";
it saves only display:block; but not font-family. font-family line just disappears like it was never there.

HTML output:
Code:
.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks a
{

}
It happens only when saving style property via WebDav. When entering "inherit" in font family field in admin control panel's style property editor it works fine.

Tested with 1.4.0 RC 1

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
This isn't something I'm going to change right now as there are a lot of cases where inherit doesn't work (any sort of shortcut property, for example). If you put inherit in and end up triggering a shortcut, it will fall over. As such, they're not expected in style properties -- we explicitly disable it:
Code:
                    else if ($value == 'inherit')
                    {
                        $isValidRule = false; // can't put inherit rules in properties
                        $nonPropertyRules[] = $ruleMatch[0];
                    }
I should note that it actually gets moved out of the rule automatically, at least via the ACP itself:
Code:
.x
{
@property "navTabLink";
@property "/navTabLink";
font-family: inherit;
}
I'm not sure if something is interfering with that via WebDAV (possibly client specific).

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I was referring to the context of style properties. We create the shortcuts dynamically and do not account for inherit, which would require the properties to be done in long hand.