Duplicate Following Members - there should be notification options when following

cdub

It seems to me that when one "Follows" a member, an end user should get notification options so that one can be alerted of that user's activity.

When you click the "Follow" button it seems that there should be a pop up with options (like when you watch a post or category)
  • Follow without notifications
  • Follow with notifications
  • Follow with email notifications
It's how an end user would expect that feature to work (going by the Follow feature on Twitter for example)

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
It seems to me that when one "Follows" a member, an end user should get notification options so that one can be alerted of that user's activity.

When you click the "Follow" button it seems that there should be a pop up with options (like when you watch a post or category)
  • Follow without notifications
  • Follow with notifications
  • Follow with email notifications
It's how an end user would expect that feature to work (going by the Follow feature on Twitter for example)

Hear hear! Makes total sense to me. :)

If it's a duplicate where's the other one so that I can upvote it? I searched for one and didn't see it.

And THIS one... they should add all the upvotes... :P

And THIS one... they should add all the upvotes... :p

This is what should be added, as Follows and the Watch system are separate. It makes sense to just make a choice when following to also watch their content types.

Top Bottom