XF 1.1 Folder advice - XF , VB and WP

Dakis

Ok current situation: vbulletin 3.7 sitting on root.

Future situation:

Wordpress + Xenforo working together.

What should be the best approach? Should I just get xenforo to a /forum or /community folder, and wordpress in a /magazine or /cms folder just to be on the safe side?

Or is there a way of getting one of them -or both- into the root? And would it matter in the end in terms of redirections etc?

XF and Wordpress should be in separate directories. One can be in the web root.

If you try to put them both in the root then you will probably run into conflicts with the index.php file and the rewrite rules. It may be possible to work around such conflicts, but it's better to avoid that situation.

Thanks Jake, yeah that's what I thought. I might just place them in their own folders and then have wordpress' index.php just running off the root folder.

I've run into problems with this configuration :(

I have wordpress in its own folder, and xenforo in its own folder, both from the root.

Everything was working great until I moved Wordpress' htaccess rules in the root. Now nothing works.

Is there no way of having wordpress working in a folder with its htaccess just in its own folder and not the root too? OR, still have wordpress rules in the root htaccess but somehow they don't affect what's in my /community folder so xenforo can work OK ?

:(

I think I fixed it - I've edited the htaccess that's inside my xenforo folder, commented out the RewriteBase line, and added there my xenforo folder.

Is this the way to go? (please say yes so I can give my site live) :p

I think I fixed it - I've edited the htaccess that's inside my xenforo folder, commented out the RewriteBase line, and added there my xenforo folder.

Is this the way to go? (please say yes so I can give my site live) :p

Yes.

I assume you meant to say you uncommented the RewriteBase which is what I would do.

Top Bottom