Resource icon

FluxBB Importer 1.50

No permission to download
This seems to have worked perfectly, but upon trying to log in with an existing account I get an error:

Code:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Do I need to do something with the custom authentication class mentioned?

Thanks. :)

Edit: Here's an example of an entry in the server error log in the admin cp, generated by a log in attempt:

This seems to have worked perfectly, but upon trying to log in with an existing account I get an error:

Code:
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Do I need to do something with the custom authentication class mentioned?

Thanks. :)

Edit: Here's an example of an entry in the server error log in the admin cp, generated by a log in attempt:

Error Info
Code:
ErrorException: Undefined index: salt - library/CodeInMotion/Authentication/FluxBB.php:52
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:06 PM

Stack Trace
Code:
#0 /home/user/example.com/xen/library/CodeInMotion/Authentication/FluxBB.php(52): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8443, 'PASSWOR...')
#1 /home/user/example.com/xen/library/XenForo/Model/User.php(1036): CodeInMotion_Authentication_FluxBB->authenticate('username', 'PASSWOR...', NULL)
#2 /home/user/example.com/xen/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Login.php(79): XenForo_Model_User->validateAuthentication()
#3 /home/user/example.com/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Login->actionLogin(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/user/example.com/xen/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch()
#5 /home/user/example.com/xen/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}

Request State
Code:
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://example.com/xen/index.php?login/login"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["login/login"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(6) {
    ["login"] => string(8) "username"
    ["register"] => string(1) "0"
    ["password"] => string(16) "PASSWORD"
    ["cookie_check"] => string(1) "1"
    ["redirect"] => string(26) "/xen/index.php?login/login"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(0) ""
  }
}

Where it says "PASSWORD" it displays the user's password in plaintext. The first two instances of it are truncated with the "...".

Hi,

This is what happens when you don't test a lot :p
Anyway, just replace your library/CodeInMotion/Authentication/FluxBB.php file with the attached one (I also updated the package).

Attachments

It works now, thank you Benjy! :D

One strange thing I noticed; after the import the xF database is only 102MB, where the original FluxBB database is 330MB. I also had tested an import into MyBB and that's 734MB! Is xenForo really that efficient?

It works now, thank you Benjy! :D

One strange thing I noticed; after the import the xF database is only 102MB, where the original FluxBB database is 330MB. I also had tested an import into MyBB and that's 734MB! Is xenForo really that efficient?
Mmm, it seems strange. Is all your content here? One important thing is that I don't import the search tables; you must rebuild the search in XF after the import.

Everything is there as far as I can tell. I did rebuild the search cache after the import and search is working great! Thanks so much for the the fix. Very nice site and domain you have btw. :)

I noticed that if the Importer files are removed after the import I can't log in, which makes sense considering the above bug, but would this also be the case if that bug wasn't there during the import?

Ideally I'd rather not be permanently tied to unofficial/unsupported components for basic functionality like logging in. This is not to say you, Benjy, haven't been extremely help because you have, but you know what I mean. :)

I noticed that if the Importer files are removed after the import I can't log in, which makes sense considering the above bug, but would this also be the case if that bug wasn't there during the import?

Ideally I'd rather not be permanently tied to unofficial/unsupported components for basic functionality like logging in. This is not to say you, Benjy, haven't been extremely help because you have, but you know what I mean. :)
The only file you can't remove after import is library/CodeInMotion/Authentication/FluxBB.php because it manages the FluxBB login (passwords can't be converted to the XF scheme because we don't have the unencrypted ones :)).

Well that makes perfect sense. Do you think it's possible that a new version of xenForo could cause problems with that, or is that stuff "written in stone" for use with the official importers?

As you can see I'm paranoid, and ignorant. A bad combo!

Well that makes perfect sense. Do you think it's possible that a new version of xenForo could cause problems with that, or is that stuff "written in stone" for use with the official importers?

As you can see I'm paranoid, and ignorant. A bad combo!
Not at all, your question is welcome.

The fact is, XF allows developers to write their own authentication classes and delegates the process to it. Thus, for your imported users, the authentication scheme is CodeInMotion_Authentication_FluxBB and I don't see how you could have problems with future XF versions because this class handles the login, not XF.

Hi Benjy,

I am trying to import from fluxbb 1.5.3 and when trying to import users I am getting...
Error
The field 'identities' was not recognised.

Should my forum be closed or in maintenance mode when this is happening? also why is this error occuring.

Thanks, really need your help!

Hi Benjy,

I am trying to import from fluxbb 1.5.3 and when trying to import users I am getting...
Error

Should my forum be closed or in maintenance mode when this is happening? also why is this error occuring.

Thanks, really need your help!

Hi KidCastro,

Please try again, replacing the original library/CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php file with the one attached.
The identities (ICQ, MSN, etc.) are handled differently in the latest XF versions.

If it doesn't work, you can try upgrading from FluxBB to XF 1.1.3, then upgrading your XF installation (yes I know, it's not very clean).

Attachments

Hi KidCastro,

Please try again, replacing the original library/CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php file with the one attached.
The identities (ICQ, MSN, etc.) are handled differently in the latest XF versions.

If it doesn't work, you can try upgrading from FluxBB to XF 1.1.3, then upgrading your XF installation (yes I know, it's not very clean).
I already did convert his forum just yesterday.

A few quick items as I work through the importer to convert from FluxBB 1.2.17 to XenForo 1.2.1 :
  1. My "absolute path" was basically this: /home/useraccout/public_html/forum/img/avatars
  2. I got the error "file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect." I had to follow these instructions in WHM to allow access:
  3. I now have the error "The field 'identities' was not recognised." while trying to import users. (see more here). I'm stuck on this issue. :(
Hopefully the first two items will help others and hopefully someone will be able to help me on the 3rd item. :D

Last edited:
@Benjy Note:

Hi Guys,

Have been directed to create a thread here and I'm new to the community.

I need to convert my fluxbb v1.5.3 community to a Xenforo v1.1.x forum.

I was scared to perform this task and went ahead to try anyway since I really wanted to make the move as soon as possible. I used the importer available here and this was not able to import users, that is where it gets stuck? Importer Link

My website is http://raceonoz.com/forum
I want this moved to http://raceonoz.com/forums

So I attempted to do this with the importer but that failed miserably and I have the forum still there under the new /forums directory but it did not import all the content at all especially the users.

It spits the error...
Error

Also, nothing available under server error log.

I have been told that this may be due to the importer which is written for Xenforo v1.0.x since identities has been removed since then. I am stuck!

Can you help me please?

Kind Regards,

Justin M

Wow Benjy, sorry I totally missed that file. I've downloaded it and tried the import again. Fortunately I didn't get that same "identities" error, but unfortunately am now getting this error:

Server Error
Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php at line 710
  2. CodeInMotion_Importer_FluxBB->_importUser() in CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php at line 619
  3. CodeInMotion_Importer_FluxBB->_importOrMergeUser() in CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php at line 404
  4. CodeInMotion_Importer_FluxBB->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  5. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 183
  6. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 235
  7. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 178
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/test/public_html/f/admin.php at line 13

Am I doing something wrong on my side?

Top Bottom