Resource icon

FluxBB Importer 1.50

No permission to download
Brilliant! That got me through the Users import and also the others. Here is a screenshot:

upload_2013-9-6_13-14-58.webp

I'm unfortunately getting an error now on importing threads / posts:

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Table 'p_forum.n_topic_subscriptions' doesn't exist

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 808
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in CodeInMotion/Importer/FluxBB.php at line 1433
  6. CodeInMotion_Importer_FluxBB->stepThreads() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/p/public_html/x/admin.php at line 13

I do have a table called "n_subscriptions" and "n_topics", but not "n_topic_subscriptions"

Success is so close I can taste it!!! ;)

I do have a table called "n_subscriptions" and "n_topics", but not "n_topic_subscriptions"
Well, it seems you don't use FluxBB 1.4... because the docs clearly state it exists (and previous users didn't have a problem): https://fluxbb.org/docs/v1.4/dbstructure#topic_subscriptions

Reading back, you use FluxBB 1.2 and not 1.4, for which this importer was made... this would require some specific changes to YOUR importer (also, the db structure of FluxBB 1.2 would help). Now, having said that, IF the table is the same and has only been renamed, the attached script should work for FluxBB 1.2 ONLY... jump the shark & give it a try!

Attachments

HAHAHA... "Jump the shark"... I love it! BTW, how many people these days even know where that reference came from!?!?

Benjy, you're a GENIUS! I loaded up that file and BAM it worked beautifully!!!

I haven't checked in super close detail, but from a quick inspection it looks like everything is where it is suppose to be!

Imported 8,042 items. (7 minutes 10.13 seconds)

This is so amazing!!!!

I just imported my old FluxBB 1.4.6 forum to XenForo 1.2.4. I just had to disable identities in importer as it was throwing errors (like others mentioned before).

Beside that, it worked ok. I just encountered one problem after completing import. All posts was striped from non-latin characters. As I had in FluxBB string 'niezłe forum' after importing it to XF it's 'nieze forum'. That way all national letters were deleted.
Any idea how to fix it?

I imagine that in some place (dunno if it's impoter or XF classes itself) imported text's are sanitized in some way.

Funny thing is, in my XF config I have enabled option 'Romanize links'... if thats any clue. But it's kinda needed as I don't want localised links.

Well I tried that newer file (I think you should update this package). It helped with identities. All tables are utf8_general_ci.

Now, when I do import on my local computer (php55 built-in webserver), it works just fine. All posts are imported in proper way with all characters.
On remote server however (php53) it still removes nonascii characters. I switched that to php54 - small change as it imported text with all characters but instead all the letters that was cutout earlier are changed to question marks '?'.

It looks like a problem with conversion or lack of charset setting on tables we import into. I tested XenForo_Importer_Abstract::_convertToUtf8 how it works on both environments and both results are the same. So more likely it's Db thing.
I could try moving local XF db to server, as it has properly imported content, but it means hacking settings in db to make it work on new domain, settings etc...

Beside, your importer doesn't import forum/categories permisions from FluxBB :/ Dunno if it's bug or it's intended.

Well I tried that newer file (I think you should update this package)
Indeed :oops:

You say the tables are utf8_general_ci, but what about the text/varchar fields themselves? The importer assumes the whole thing is utf8 encoded because that is how it should be, according to the FluxBB install.

Beside, your importer doesn't import forum/categories permisions from FluxBB :/ Dunno if it's bug or it's intended.
It's intended, the FluxBB importer was made very quickly because it's almost the same as PunBB and I got some requests for it. If you want I can have a look and improve it a little, given some time.

Last edited:
It's intended, the FluxBB importer was made very quickly because it's almost the same as PunBB and I got some requests for it. If you want I can have a look and improve it a little, given some time.
Well, in fact this was not intended. I just updated the importer and the code was already there, just never called. Forum permissions should now work and you might have a nice surprise with character encoding (or maybe not).

Thanks, now it works just fine. There are some glitches with users permisions and group settings for them, but nothing that can't be fixed with users batch change.

Benjy,

I wanted to know if you had plans to upgrade the FluxxBB Importer to support FluxBB 1.5.8 and XF 1.4.5... I have a huge migration to make and this would help me out a lot.

TP

Top Bottom