Flexile

Flexile 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said... this style is not designed for 1.2 and will take a LOT of work to get it there. You need to review about the from page 74 onward if you are on 1.2.x of xenForo. I know that the Dark Flexile was a nightmare. I messed with it for a bit and it wasn't worth the time and effort for me to get it to working.
Do you know any similar styles to flexile?

And what xenporta is compatibly with what xenforo.
Ex.
is xenforo 1.1.1 Compatible with xenporta 1.6.0?
List recent combinations
Are you on 1.1.x series or 1.2.x series. From what I saw 1.5.9 and above worked with 1.2.x series - but I don't use xenPorta so don't really keep up with it. I didn't see anything that specifically stated that 1.6.0 wouldn't work with a 1.1.x install.

Do you know any similar styles to flexile?
Depends on what you want. I never was that crazy about Flexile and the only time I installed it was to try and help out some others but it was going to be WAY more time than I was willing to donate.
Personally I think @Audentio's UIX series stomps Flexile in looks (and customization ability) as well as several from Pixelexit (@Steve F or @Russ) but those are paid styles for the REALLY good ones.

Are you on 1.1.x series or 1.2.x series. From what I saw 1.5.9 and above worked with 1.2.x series - but I don't use xenPorta so don't really keep up with it. I didn't see anything that specifically stated that 1.6.0 wouldn't work with a 1.1.x install.

Depends on what you want. I never was that crazy about Flexile and the only time I installed it was to try and help out some others but it was going to be WAY more time than I was willing to donate.
Personally I think @Audentio's UIX series stomps Flexile in looks (and customization ability) as well as several from Pixelexit (@Steve F or @Russ) but those are paid styles for the REALLY good ones.

Xenporta doesnt work for me.
And what about the icons not showing up below
upload_2013-12-24_18-20-50.webp

Really? People with 1.2 have xenporta and flex theme. Flex theme is not released for 1.2
That's why I said it takes LOTS of work. There are people that have gotten it to work for their specific site - but most are not responsive for mobile view. To fix it you need to be familiar with styles and xenForo.

Try 1.5.8 or earlier for 1.1.x series. Doubt it will be supported much since 1.2.x is the current series.

Why does my navbar look like this?

mkuow1.png

I am using the latest version of Flexile Dark on the latest XF version. I heard that the latest FD is incompatible, so what can I do to fix this? Can I downgrade XF? and if so, what are the repercussions of doing that?

I know there's a fix for Flexile, but not Flexile Dark.

Why does my navbar look like this?
I am using the latest version of Flexile Dark on the latest XF version. I heard that the latest FD is incompatible, so what can I do to fix this? Can I downgrade XF? and if so, what are the repercussions of doing that?
I know there's a fix for Flexile, but not Flexile Dark.
AFAIK if you started with 1.2.x series you cannot downgrade to 1.1.x - you will have to start the forum over. Is it worth it for a style that is no longer being supported? Personally I don't think so.
There is a version posted earlier in the thread (here and here), but you will have to support it yourself for any problems as the person who did the fixes will not provide any.
It IS incompatible - and the only support you get is if someone on the forum posts a fix - and most don't want to have to mess with a style that is not responsive - and will take a LOT of work to get it there.

To fix a lot of the problems you will need to review the thread (starting around page 73 or so) and see if those fixes apply to you.

AFAIK if you started with 1.2.x series you cannot downgrade to 1.1.x - you will have to start the forum over. Is it worth it for a style that is no longer being supported? Personally I don't think so.
There is a version posted earlier in the thread (here and here), but you will have to support it yourself for any problems as the person who did the fixes will not provide any.
It IS incompatible - and the only support you get is if someone on the forum posts a fix - and most don't want to have to mess with a style that is not responsive - and will take a LOT of work to get it there.

To fix a lot of the problems you will need to review the thread (starting around page 73 or so) and see if those fixes apply to you.

You're right, I'll probably go with another style - if a theme is for version 1.2.x does that mean it'll work with 1.2.4? I'm looking at a few which haven't been updated for a while and say that. I don't want to fork out money for a broken theme.

You're right, I'll probably go with another style - if a theme is for version 1.2.x does that mean it'll work with 1.2.4? I'm looking at a few which haven't been updated for a while and say that. I don't want to fork out money for a broken theme.
It's a risk you have to take into account when you use a theme by a solo developer who may disappear or no longer support it. It's the same risk for a free style or paid style.
You either learn to fix issues like this yourself or hire people to do it. We have many helpful members here who help out when they can but you can't depend on them to fix any and all issues you may have.

I have been using Flexile for years, really love it but I look forward to something else.
Best approach may be to customize the stock XF style to minimize any issue down the road. This is what digitalpoint did.

Reactions: rdn
I've tried to provide fixes for this theme for 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 in the past, and they were removed, so just be careful or get permission first.

I've tried to provide fixes for this theme for 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 in the past, and they were removed, so just be careful or get permission first.
That's why I'm asking, I have no intention of making money of it, I just wanna help keeping this theme alive.
I wouldn't fix it, I'd start from scratch, it would probably contain some minor visual differences.

Well, that was my argument, I think Mike himself removed my edits due to the way Erik has his licensed described in the first post.

That said, you could probably just rename it, if you started from scratch.

You will need to get permission from the designer.
As it states in the resource description:

You may not...
  • Redistribute the style without my permission. This includes posting it on other websites, including other XenForo fan, addon, or modification sites.

I can sympathise with those who have it installed but we must respect the owner's requirements and licensing terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom