Flexile Dark

Flexile Dark 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may need to tweak your banner to work with different styles but each style can have a different logo specified so that's not an issue.

I would expect also that any add-ons have been designed to work with any width.

You may need to tweak your banner to work with different styles but each style can have a different logo specified so that's not an issue.

I would expect also that any add-ons have been designed to work with any width.

I guess I could find out. Would this be 'safe' theres nothing I cant undo easily yeh?

Changing the width won't cause any problems apart from how things display.
You can always reset it/change it back with no lasting effects.

If you want to test things you can create a new style and set it as not user selectable.
Then you can fiddle around with it and only administrators will have access to it.

Really? Thats it? I just do that and I can use it fluid style? Just out of curiousity have you visited my site? I use a few mods and have a big custom banner, will this still be ok? @ mmazone.com.au
It depends on how much customization you have done. In terms of fixed vs. fluid width, yes, the only difference between this style and the default in that regard is what I posted above.

The other customizations (big banner, mods) may require some extra work but the only way to find out is to install the style and check. :) Any extra customizations required would probably be pretty easy.

And yes, this is 'safe'. You can always set the style as non-user-selectable (so only you can see it), and you can always delete the style and re-import it if you screw something up. :)

It depends on how much customization you have done. In terms of fixed vs. fluid width, yes, the only difference between this style and the default in that regard is what I posted above.

The other customizations (big banner, mods) may require some extra work but the only way to find out is to install the style and check. :) Any extra customizations required would probably be pretty easy.

And yes, this is 'safe'. You can always set the style as non-user-selectable (so only you can see it), and you can always delete the style and re-import it if you screw something up. :)

Thanks Brogan and Erik for the help.

I just tried it and it looks REALLY nice. First thing I noticed was on my "home" page which is my portal. The 4th news post down where I have custom BBcodes, the text displayed after pressing the "click me" button is not visible.

Man I realllllly like this template.

Erik ill leave the template as selectable even for guests so you may have a look for yourself :) keep up the good work! Im very much considering the change and of course a nice dono.

Hmm... good point... how about this?
http://beta.8wayrun.com/forum.php

It uses blue, but its a much lighter blue... and the text on the blue is gold.

I tried changing it to just a lighter blue, and I think it worked well:
bright blue.webp blue2.webp

Here is a lighter blue with gold text:
light blue gold.webp light blue.webp

I think the bright blue is the best option out of everything I've tried so far, as it matches with the text and the rest of the style well. :)

I installed the flexile xml as a child of default style. Then installed Flexile dark as the cild of Flexile all under the Default style tree and now I have all my little mods working with flexile dark :D.

I added some backgrounds to my skins... makes the contrast on the dark skin a lot better.

I've just finished fixing a ton of little style issues and bugs but I don't have time to package it up right now, so expect an update in about 4 hours or so. :)

Flexile Dark 0.5.5 released.

Changelog:
  • Fixed many little style issues and bugs.
  • Tweaked the read and unread forum icons to fit better with the dark style (source PSD's now included under source folder)
  • Fixed annoying bug with hyperlink colors in the right content box in the header.
  • Tweaked secondary color set for better looking category bars.
Some colors were tweaked so the style does look slightly different now. I will update the screenshots tomorrow and add more screenshots of the other colors. :)

Flexile Dark 0.5.5 released.

Changelog:
  • Fixed many little style issues and bugs.
  • Tweaked the read and unread forum icons to fit better with the dark style (source PSD's now included under source folder)
  • Fixed annoying bug with hyperlink colors in the right content box in the header.
  • Tweaked secondary color set for better looking category bars.
Some colors were tweaked so the style does look slightly different now. I will update the screenshots tomorrow and add more screenshots of the other colors. :)
Very nice, i will be making the switch soon :)

Do i just need to upgrade the Flexile dark? Or do I also have to import the flexile(original)xml file as well for the upgrade?

Also any chance I can use my own read & unread widgets? I tried using mine which are transparent but it didnt come out exactly right, is there a way I can make these work? Thanks.

xf.webp

thank you for this style, although I would prefer to maintain same widths as what is found in the default style... please advise

Hey Erik... these are the changes I've made to your skins on my forums. If you want to use them in your next versions, thats great. As well, if you want to use the backgrounds I've added, you can add them too...

Style Properties: Flexile Style Properties > Right Content Box
Code:
top: 20px;

Style Properties: Message Elements > Message Text
Code:
ERASE EVERYTHING!

Style Properties: Message Layout > User Text Block
Code:
text-align: center;

background-white.webp bglight.webp bgdark.webpbglight2.webp

Reactions: eod
Do i just need to upgrade the Flexile dark? Or do I also have to import the flexile(original)xml file as well for the upgrade?

Also any chance I can use my own read & unread widgets? I tried using mine which are transparent but it didnt come out exactly right, is there a way I can make these work? Thanks.

View attachment 8713
For this update, you only need to update Flexile Dark. You should also re-upload the image folder as it contains some new images that are part of the fixes. :)

To use your own read and unread widgets, find this CSS in the node_list.css template:
Code:
    .node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconReadPath);
        background-color: @primaryLightish;
    }

.node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon,
    .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon
    {
        background-image: url(@forumIconUnreadPath);
        background-color: @primaryMedium;
    }

Then remove the background-color line from each of those groups. :)

Hi Erik,

How do i edit the text in the top right in the header? Cant seem to find the template, thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom