Flexile Dark

Flexile Dark 1.1.5.1

No permission to download
Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone know if this is safe for 1.1.0 Beta
It'll "work" but YMMV with any extra changes you've made from the default. Some areas of breaking may occur, again this is down to whatever you're running with it.
Basically, I reverted my templates and added in the changes, as per usual.
Please note: that this is/was done under localhost test environment only, not live.
Because only I can see it, it doesn't matter to me. Style designers, *typically* would wait for a gold, before making a concerted effort to re-jig their products.

Well, the node icons break - at least that's the reason for the blue squares on the forum index I guess?

Also if you revert the templates you loose a shed load of functionality with the skin, the nav bar & header for one.

Great theme though, shall be sending $20 your way Erik in due course, once we have a 1.1 compliant skin, of course.

Ideally it will be updated for 1.1 by the time 1.1 "gold" is released, but in reality that depends upon how many changes are made between the most recent beta or release candidate and 1.1 final.

I'm not going to make an effort to release a updated version for every 1.1 pre-release version, because with all the changes being made it's simply too much work. I would suggest sticking with 1.0.4 on your production site until 1.1 gold is released. It's not a good idea to be using pre-release software on a production website anyways. :)

You can certainly try using the latest version of Flexile or Flexile Dark on a 1.1 beta installation, but I'm guessing a lot of stuff will be broken (haven't had a chance to look at it myself yet). :)

You can certainly try using the latest version of Flexile or Flexile Dark on a 1.1 beta installation, but I'm guessing a lot of stuff will be broken (haven't had a chance to look at it myself yet). :)

It is :(, lots of impatient people around here including myself:) your template is awesome..

Erik, the problem is, especially with 1.1, a lot of sites will be testing migrations on this version (as we are) and I can't show the default XF skin to my members as they're going from a dark skin on the current vB forum to a light skin on XF and that alone will cause them to go 'urg, don't like it'. I want to make it as seamless as possible and that means using a dark skin.

I appreciate you not wanting to end up doing duplicate work for 1.1, perhaps its worth doing one for 1.1 beta 2 and then not redoing it until 1.1 hits RC status. That way at least people who want to migrate to 1.1 and have the best dark skin around can make a start on it. :)

At the end of the day, template changes shouldn't be too drastic between now and RC anyway, but having the dark skin would mean that we could start to test & get feedback on the migration from our members, I don't really want to wait until RC status (which I don't know how long that could be away) before I do this.

I actually only had to change 2 things to get this working on my test site, had to update css/class names for prefixes, update the node icons. It really wasn't too bad. If you need it now it wouldn't take much for you to change it until it gets updated.

I actually only had to change 2 things to get this working on my test site, had to update css/class names for prefixes, update the node icons. It really wasn't too bad. If you need it now it wouldn't take much for you to change it until it gets updated.

Would you mind detailing these mods as I know what you mean, but I don't know how to do it (I'm new to XF! even though I've been here for a year!) Really only started to use XF with version 1.1

Would you mind detailing these mods as I know what you mean, but I don't know how to do it (I'm new to XF! even though I've been here for a year!) Really only started to use XF with version 1.1
I'd have to go through the code again, but in reality what I had to do was look at the Xenforo list of out of date templates and then used a program (TextWrangler on Mac or Notepad++ on PC) and compared the 2 templates.

Ah, that's one facility I'd wish they would put into XF core... would be damn useful ;)
Agreed :D It's one of the things I miss from vb3, it was useful when updates came along, though I got away from template edits really, I have templateHook addon I use on my board where I just put all my edits in there.

templateHook? ooh, I'll have to check that out! lol :)

I thought I saw some template hooks in the standard templates anyway?

I'd have to go through the code again, but in reality what I had to do was look at the Xenforo list of out of date templates and then used a program (TextWrangler on Mac or Notepad++ on PC) and compared the 2 templates.

Where can I get a list of up to date templates?

I agree with Erik on this. I haven't updated to 1.1 because this theme isn't updated, and it doesn't make sense to have to keep updating for each beta version because people can't control themselves.

If you run a site where the functionality and theme is important, then don't use beta versions. This is true for anything. The XF beta is technically incomplete, so if you want to risk having stuff broken on your site (themes included), that's totally your decision.

The only way this would be different is if Kier came out and said something to the effect of "these are the changes that have been made to the markup, and they will not be changing any further". Then Erik could update his theme knowing it wouldn't be broken by another beta update.

I agree with Erik on this. I haven't updated to 1.1 because this theme isn't updated, and it doesn't make sense to have to keep updating for each beta version because people can't control themselves.
Personally speaking I'm in control. However, I do not want to wait until 1.1 final is out before I start getting feedback from my members on the forthcoming change from vb.

I can't show them the default skin as its too different for them to see past, it needs to be a dark skin as that's what they're used to.

I also wasn't suggesting an update for each beta version release, simply one now and then one when 1.1 is out.

Need some styling help..
Add to EXTRA.css
Code:
/* Make header colour black */
 #header {
     background: url("styles/flexiledark/xenforo/gradients/main-bar-gradient.png") repeat-x scroll center top #000000 !important;
 }

/* Right content box colour red */

#rightContentBox {
     background-color: #880000 !important;
     text-align: center;
 }

Note that you may change the above hex value #880000 - Pay attention to the 88 part here, that's the red element. So by increasing this number, the brighter red it becomes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom