Flat Awesome + - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

We'll be updating the demo board from 1.5.1 ->1.5.3 this week as well as pushing out the 1.5.3 updates on the RM here but we've updated Flat Awesome + to the latest 1.5.3.

Just a quick heads up I've included a couple "Child Styles" which are basically edited versions of Flat Awesome + to get you going quicker. To use them simply install as normal with the final step being slightly different:
  • XenBase (first)
    • Flat awesome + (as a child of XenBase)
      • Import Child Style 1 or 2 (this will be your live style)
Once you import the Child Style 1 or 2 you can simply rename them to whatever you want your main style called "My site". All of your edits will go inside the Child Style 1/2. On upgrades DO NOT import and overwrite the Child Style XML's overwriting your own. You'll only import and overwrite XenBase and Flat Awesome +

Previews of them:

customstyle1.webp
customstyle2.webp

Something off I've noticed since getting setup is when you jump to the last read post the thread loads a few before where you stopped reading. Happens on desktop and mobile.

I've also seen a few instances of that alert error where the bar gets stuck on the screen on mobile, but they've been very rare. Maybe once or twice randomly.

Something off I've noticed since getting setup is when you jump to the last read post the thread loads a few before where you stopped reading. Happens on desktop and mobile.
Does the thread happen to have some pictures loading in posts as well?

That's what I was about to ask.. I think this is what has happened to me a couple of times, but I think it's because the page jumped to correct position and then embedded media finished loading, causing the page to shift...

That's what I was about to ask.. I think this is what has happened to me a couple of times, but I think it's because the page jumped to correct position and then embedded media finished loading, causing the page to shift...
Yes and it is a limitation on the software and nothing to do with the style. Calculating image heights I think is the hurdle.

Yes but I've also seen it a few times in text only threads.

Yes and it is a limitation on the software and nothing to do with the style. Calculating image heights I think is the hurdle.
I did not see nearly as much of this misfiring in the original FA, which is why I thought it might be worth bringing up.

Could you try disabling the message top bar:

Style Properties: └ ─ Layouts found below [XB] Message and Elements then uncheck: Enable Message Header

Style Properties: └ ─ Layouts found below [XB] Message and Elements then uncheck: Enable Message Header
Will do. Give me a bit.

This has also been happening: just pulling up the page via mobile and it loads at the bottom of the page

image.webp

Are you running deferjs by chance? Someone else reported the same problem but we were reproducing it on the default style as well with deferjs.

This seems to work. I did a bit of testing with it on and off and did notice that having it on did not necessarily mean the thread would misfire, as it were, even if there were images in it. But with it off it seemed to have an almost 100% success rate.

Do you think it would be possible to tweak it so we could keep the top bar on and get closer to the last read post?

This seems to work. I did a bit of testing with it on and off and did notice that having it on did not necessarily mean the thread would misfire, as it were, even if there were images in it. But with it off it seemed to have an almost 100% success rate.

Do you think it would be possible to tweak it so we could keep the top bar on and get closer to the last read post?

So last thing can you try doing, enable the header again, open the "message" template.

Find this:
Code:
    <span class="leftSide">
code here
     </span>

Remove all of that, you can search for just "leftSide", remove all of the code inside the span and the span itself.

I'll do testing tomorrow as well myself.

So last thing can you try doing, enable the header again, open the "message" template.

Find this:
Code:
    <span class="leftSide">
code here
     </span>

Remove all of that, you can search for just "leftSide", remove all of the code inside the span and the span itself.

I'll do testing tomorrow as well myself.
Ok just had a chance to try it. On first blush it seems to be firing much closer to the mark. It stops just above the bottom of the header bar. When I go to reply it loads the quick reply at normal height as well. Haven't had a chance to check on mobile but will observe and report back.

Seen a few reports of this type of error on mobile as well:

image.webp

Getting reports of this when quoting a post on desktop. Happened to me a few times as well. Screen will skip down to the bottom for some reason and you have to scroll back up to see what you're typing.

Attachments

• 1.webp
    1.webp
    45 KB · Views: 12
Ok just had a chance to try it. On first blush it seems to be firing much closer to the mark. It stops just above the bottom of the header bar. When I go to reply it loads the quick reply at normal height as well. Haven't had a chance to check on mobile but will observe and report back.

Seen a few reports of this type of error on mobile as well:

View attachment 124047

What phone is this exactly? The screenshot is literally making it seem like the width would be around ~220px

Getting reports of this when quoting a post on desktop. Happened to me a few times as well. Screen will skip down to the bottom for some reason and you have to scroll back up to see what you're typing.

Shooting you a PM regarding this...

Top Bottom