Flat Awesome + - PixelExit.com [Deleted]

@Russ @Steve F i've had a request to somehow get a more direct link to the forums in the off canvas sidebar when using CTA as the home page. This is a screenshot the user sent me from his ipad:

IMG_0447.webp

so instead of what is essentially a duplication of the watched threads, recent activity, recent posts, new posts, etc. to maybe get a list of the sub forums under the forums link. would that be possible?

@Russ @Steve F i've had a request to somehow get a more direct link to the forums in the off canvas sidebar when using CTA as the home page. This is a screenshot the user sent me from his ipad:

View attachment 151830

so instead of what is essentially a duplication of the watched threads, recent activity, recent posts, new posts, etc. to maybe get a list of the sub forums under the forums link. would that be possible?

It's possibly but you'd need to manually edit the links. We wouldn't be able to pull a list of the nodes using just a style edit. If you open: xb_offcanvas_menu template, find this portion:

Code:
       <!-- forums -->
       <xen:if is="{$tabs.forums}">
           <li class="navTab forums {xen:if $tabs.forums.selected, 'selected'}">
               <a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.forums.title}</a>
                   <div class="xbOffCanvasSubMenu">
                   <ul>
                   <xen:hook name="navigation_tabs_forums">
                       <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}"><li><a href="{xen:link 'forums/-/mark-read', $forum, 'date={$serverTime}'}" class="OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase mark_forums_read}</a></li></xen:if>
                       <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><li><a href="{xen:link search, '', 'type=post'}">{xen:phrase search_forums}</a></li></xen:if>
                       <xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
                           <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/forums'}">{xen:phrase watched_forums}</a></li>
                           <li><a href="{xen:link 'watched/threads'}">{xen:phrase watched_threads}</a></li>
                       </xen:if>
                       <li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>
                   </xen:hook>
                   </ul>
                   </div>
           </li>

Just replace it with:

Code:
<!-- forums -->
<xen:if is="{$tabs.forums}">
   <li class="navTab forums {xen:if $tabs.forums.selected, 'selected'}">
       <a href="{$tabs.forums.href}" class="navLink">{$tabs.forums.title}</a>
           <div class="xbOffCanvasSubMenu">
           <ul>
               <li><a href="nodelink1">Node #1</a></li>
               <li><a href="nodelink2">Node #2</a></li>
               <li><a href="nodelink3">Node #3</a></li>
               <li><a href="nodelink4">Node #4</a></li>
           </ul>
           </div>
   </li>

Yes but... there's a bug in the current XenBase, you can adjust it here: https://pixelexit.com/threads/off-canvas-sidebar-how-does-it-work.5123/

Fixed for the next release already.
that worked. thanks @Russ . i had a request to see if it could be moved up to the user bar to the right of alerts so that it would float down with the nav bar. is that possible?

any idea why i can't get this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-recent-posts.2817/

to show up in the nav? i tried both this and the andy version and neither show up. also asked steve about this so I don't want to burden you both in case he's working on it.

Last edited:
that worked. thanks @Russ . i had a request to see if it could be moved up to the user bar to the right of alerts so that it would float down with the nav bar. is that possible?

any idea why i can't get this addon: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-recent-posts.2817/

to show up in the nav? i tried both this and the andy version and neither show up. also asked steve about this so I don't want to burden you both in case he's working on it.

Do you have the navigation modified by chance? It's searching for this code:

Code:
<li><a href="{xen:link 'find-new/posts'}" rel="nofollow">{xen:if $visitor.user_id, {xen:phrase new_posts}, {xen:phrase recent_posts}}</a></li>
and it finds and replaces it just fine on my test site.

For the off-canvas sidebar controls in the main nav, open: navigation_visitor_tab_after

Add this in there:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$sidebar} AND @xb_offcanvas_sidebar"><li class="navTab xbOffCanvasSidebarToggle"><a  onclick="return false;" href="#" class="jumpMenuTrigger hiddenResponsiveFull navLink" /><i class="fa fa-outdent" aria-hidden="true"></i></a></li></xen:if>

Stuff like that I'd just recommend manually positioning, place this into your extra.css:

Code:
.messageUserBlock div.ribbonBox .ribbon-wrapper {
    right: 31px;
    top: 13px;
}

Of course depending on the banner you may need to adjust things. This css would be for the top right banner.

Last edited:
We provide a thread starter class in the style already so I'm not certain for the need of that add-on. Though there is an update coming to address an issue with it in conversations.

Stuff like that I'd just recommend manually positioning, place this into your extra.css:

Code:
.messageUserBlock div.ribbonBox .ribbon-wrapper {
    right: 31px;
    top: 13px;
}

Of course depending on the banner you may need to adjust things. This css would be for the top right banner.

Also how to showing Trophies Awarded icon (Center) under moods icon ?

Example:

45a777c4d3f14000ad9e3b847e3c9bcc.png

Do you have the navigation modified by chance? It's searching for this code:

Code:
and it finds and replaces it just fine on my test site.

For the off-canvas sidebar controls in the main nav, open: navigation_visitor_tab_after

Add this in there:

Code:
<xen:if is="{$sidebar} AND @xb_offcanvas_sidebar"><li class="navTab xbOffCanvasSidebarToggle"><a  onclick="return false;" href="#" class="jumpMenuTrigger hiddenResponsiveFull navLink" /><i class="fa fa-outdent" aria-hidden="true"></i></a></li></xen:if>
for the recent posts i have the code and it doesn't work:

recent posts 1.webp recent posts 2.webp recent posts 3.webp

same code is in the template after installation.

For the off canvas move it's causing some issues

IMG_0054.webp IMG_0055.webp

i put the code at the top of the template. not sure if that matters or not. can it be placed next to alerts in the user section?

It's probably a conflict with the unread counter. You could just apply the edit manually I suppose. Change the link to:
Code:
{xen:link find-new/posts, '', 'recent=1'}

I'm assuming Chris's add-on is changing the link first (priority then the next one can't find the text because it has the added code on there.

Interesting... can you provide a login via PM I'll take a look at the sidebar, it's not doing that for me.

Russ updated Flat Awesome + - PixelExit.com with a new update entry:

Large XenBase Update

Hello everyone, we're pushing our 1.5.13 updates out today. Once you receive the email you'll be able to download it immediately with an active license via your licenses area.

This is a rather large XenBase focusing primarily on the back end organization, bug fixes and just a general clean up. We aim to keep each release as easy as possible to upgrade but with this version we...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Reactions: Bob
@Russ Still are not does that what my other style does.

a508957fba8a40c184807a472a56f76a.png

From my other style:

4d88110227234ef48cf20b0898f51684.png

This isn't your other style :), you said you wanted it centered, if look at your other style it's not centered but aligned left to the stats above. But looking into your site it looks like you got it sorted?

This isn't your other style :), you said you wanted it centered, if look at your other style it's not centered but aligned left to the stats above. But looking into your site it looks like you got it sorted?

No, Then how to showing under the stats?

Top Bottom