Browser issue  Flash crashed...constantly (FF4 beta)

I dunno how much you guys are planning for the upcoming FF4, but...Adobe flash crashed constantly when viewing a XF site. And I do mean constantly. Multiple times within the same minute, dozens or hundreds of times per hour. I don't even bother closing the error message anymore, another will just pop up. Luckily it doesn't actually seem to DO anything except pop up an annoying message, but still.. It happens with my site as well as with any other XF site I go to, including this one. Generally it occurs when the reply frame is on the screen. This has been happening for quite a while, but I just now got around to reporting it, so it's not due to something new in beta 6.

Plugincrash.png

Like I said, I get these all the time, but this one was too perfect not to post...got it when editing this thread, gives a beautiful error-on-top-of-picture-of-error combo :D
Plugincrash2.png

I have been getting that a lot with Chrome as well. Was crashing last night when I was editing templates in the admincp.

It's a bug, that's true. But you're using a beta version of firefox, so actually you'll have to wait until 4.0 stable to see if this bug still exists and than the devs should fix it. Because there is no reason for the devs to fix beta issues of a browser.

i am using chrome stable version but i ve been saw that warn a few times
if there open more than 6-7 tabs with xenforo and working with templates, there is crash warn
but dont stopped the chrome, i need refresh the page only

I have been getting that a lot with Chrome as well. Was crashing last night when I was editing templates in the admincp.
There's no Flash on that page.

The only thing we use Flash for is uploading. I have had some occasional crash issues with Flash in Chrome, but nothing in FF 3, so I assume this is a regression in FF 4 (given that they are changing the plugin container stuff still). I suspect we'll see improvements in later betas.

There's no Flash on that page.

The only thing we use Flash for is uploading. I have had some occasional crash issues with Flash in Chrome, but nothing in FF 3, so I assume this is a regression in FF 4 (given that they are changing the plugin container stuff still). I suspect we'll see improvements in later betas.
Thanks Mike, good to know. I may have had multiple tabs open at the time when that happened.

The problem is not XenForo but the flash plugin.
One of the only apps/plugin the crashes several time a day on my system is the flash plugin.
Not only on xenforo but just about any site that has flash using Chromium and Firefox 4 B9

Top Bottom