XF 1.2 Fixed Width

cmeinck

If I were to create a child forum that is fixed, what changes in 1.2 need to be made. I've been messing around with the following, but not completely sure which are necessary and if there is something else I'm missing.
  • Disable Style > Responsive
  • Page Width Controller > ?
  • General > HTML?

If you only want the child forum to be fixed-width, non-responsive, in addition to what Brogan has said, you need to set your new style to override the user's choice in the specific forums settings.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly but you can disable responsive for certain pages using:

Code:
<xen:container var="$noResponsive">1</xen:container>

You could couple that with another xen:if for specific node IDs.

I'm not sure what you're trying to do exactly but you can disable responsive for certain pages using:

Code:
<xen:container var="$noResponsive">1</xen:container>

You could couple that with another xen:if for specific node IDs.

My concern with responsive is the handling of ads (necessary evil). My default template is going to be the responsive template, with Adsense suggested code for different sizes. I'll use some sort of redirect for desktop browsers to a fixed width (child of main template) Those ads will remain the same ads from Doubleclick. This is a mash up of the company that runs my advertising and adsense. DFP is incredibly confusing, without having responsive as another concern. I don't think it's possible based on the 'competing' ads.

Top Bottom