[Fixed/Implemented] Have a "<username> has not made any posts yet!" message under Postings tab

anotheralias

I really really hate those nagging messages. Am I alone there? I'll post when I'm damn good and ready, get off my back. :p

Shadab

I really really hate those nagging messages. Am I alone there? I'll post when I'm damn good and ready, get off my back. :p
You didn't see the attachment in the first post? :confused:

Onimua is talking about displaying a message in the postings tab of a user's profile page, if that user hasn't posted in the forums, yet. (And not some constant reminder to make your first post in the forum; which you may have confused it with) :)

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
I don't understand the question? Yes, I saw it - but I still hate the nagging "post already!" messages.
It's not a "post already" message - chances are, you wouldn't even look at your own tab. It's an indication that system has successfully completed but not found anything, rather than erroring.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
In this case the message is a reassurance that there isn't a problem with the page as a blank page can often be interpreted as such.

Good idea.

Shadab

*nudge*

The server is actually sending a response. It's just not getting displayed anywhere/correctly.
Heres the JSON response for a member with 0 posts:

/members/musika.3152/recent-content?_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfResponseType=json

Code:
{"status":"ok","message":"This member does not have any recent content."}

Vincent

*nudge*

The server is actually sending a response. It's just not getting displayed anywhere/correctly.
Heres the JSON response for a member with 0 posts:

/members/musika.3152/recent-content?_xfNoRedirect=1&_xfResponseType=json

Code:
{"status":"ok","message":"This member does not have any recent content."}
So mate, this is a bug, can you please post this in e bug thread about this too? :)