1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Fixed/Implemented] Have a "<username> has not made any posts yet!" message under Postings tab

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Onimua, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

If the user hasn't made any posts yet, the Postings tab is blank. It should at least have a friendly message stating that the user hasn't made any posts yet.

Attached Files:

Karelke, Alien, Alex and 8 others like this.
  2. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

not a priority, but yes it, should have something ... ;)
  3. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Obviously. I wasn't going to PC Kier and Mike to get this done right now. :p
  4. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I really really hate those nagging messages. Am I alone there? I'll post when I'm damn good and ready, get off my back. :p
    James likes this.
  5. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

You didn't see the attachment in the first post? :confused:

Onimua is talking about displaying a message in the postings tab of a user's profile page, if that user hasn't posted in the forums, yet. (And not some constant reminder to make your first post in the forum; which you may have confused it with) :)
  6. anotheralias

I don't understand the question? Yes, I saw it - but I still hate the nagging "post already!" messages.
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's not a "post already" message - chances are, you wouldn't even look at your own tab. It's an indication that system has successfully completed but not found anything, rather than erroring.
    Enigma and Abomination like this.
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

In this case the message is a reassurance that there isn't a problem with the page as a blank page can often be interpreted as such.

Good idea.
  9. anotheralias

Ah - got it. Sorry!
  10. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

The server is actually sending a response. It's just not getting displayed anywhere/correctly.
    Heres the JSON response for a member with 0 posts:

{"status":"ok","message":"This member does not have any recent content."}
  11. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

12. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

So mate, this is a bug, can you please post this in e bug thread about this too? :)