First-Time Hosting

R30

I'm sure this is a common question, but it's obviously a big decision so I must ask for myself. I'm purchasing XenForo in the next couple of days. I'm in search of a shared host to start.

My question to all of you: Which host would you choose if you were a beginner with little web/dev. experience and looking to start your first forum with XenForo at this point in time?

I use inmotionhosting which loads the xenforo software super fast. You can check my site to see all of the features i have that load fast. Plus their customer service is really good and they have an excellent rating on the web. Its how i found them because i was with ipage and its the worst service online.
Its also SSD
https://www.inmotionhosting.com

I use inmotionhosting which loads the xenforo software super fast. You can check my site to see all of the features i have that load fast. Plus their customer service is really good and they have an excellent rating on the web. Its how i found them because i was with ipage and its the worst service online.
Its also SSD
https://www.inmotionhosting.com
Thank you for your suggestion. I'll look into it.

I've seen mixed feedback with @The Forum Heroes. I'd preferably like to go with a host that is more established/a team of individuals.

300+ xenForo communities we must be doing something right :) Any host with more then a few customers are going to have some unhappy clients along the way, that's with any business really. Since it's a new site, I'd be happy to give you a free trial to the end of the month to try our services first hand rather then rely on reviews, feel free to PM me..

I've seen mixed feedback with @The Forum Heroes. I'd preferably like to go with a host that is more established/a team of individuals.

In my personal opinion you can't judge something that you've personally never tried. A lot of people told me to go with IPB vs Xenforo because IPB was more "established" and had more mods. I went with Xenforo anyways and it was the best decision I've made. Point is, everything on this planet will have different opinions. Try it out yourself and see how you like it then be the judge.

Bluehost.com boasts 2 million hosted sites world wide. They must be doing something right. :eek: I've been with them over 10 years, the price is right, the friendly service is second to none, they are reliable and the ONLY down time I've had is like NEVER.
Many services, many opinions/experiences.
So far you seem to be on the right track, reading others reviews, asking questions, but at the end of the day, go with what you think is right for you.

In my personal opinion you can't judge something that you've personally never tried. A lot of people told me to go with IPB vs Xenforo because IPB was more "established" and had more mods. I went with Xenforo anyways and it was the best decision I've made. Point is, everything on this planet will have different opinions. Try it out yourself and see how you like it then be the judge.
I see where you're coming from, I'm just not interested in a one-man staff.

Top Bottom