XF 2.2 First post (x) in thread y could not be pinned

loulou

First post (1045092316) in thread 3045224 could not be pinned

Code:
#0 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(113): XF\ThreadViewData->pinFirstPost()
#1 src/addons/Truonglv/Groups/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(25): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#2 src/addons/SV/UserActivity/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(15): Truonglv\Groups\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\UserActivity\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#6 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#7 src/XF/App.php(2326): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#8 src/XF.php(488): XF\App->run()
#9 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#10 {main}

Unless this happened after a specific action within XF (such as moving posts out of a thread, etc), then this is more representative of an issue with the data in your database. You should rebuild thread information in the control panel and that should resolve the issue.

The question is really how this might've happened, because this shouldn't ever be possible in the default code.

We're seeing this a lot too lately, as we have several moderators working on some clean-up in the forums, moving threads, merging threads, and deleting some old ones that are not very useful (dead end threads, etc).

I'm finding that this error is happening with threads in forums that are et to Article type. The first post in the thread is deleted. Not sure exactly how this is being done but that appears to be the common issue. Some of these threads show that I deleted the first post, which I can't imagine I would have done. The first post in these threads isn't too valuable, but the replies are, so I've moved the reply that is valuable into its own thread in the same forum. Problem is, I don't know how many of these issues exist.

Top Bottom