First Post Email

First Post Email 1.6

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

First Post Email - Sends an email to the admin when a member makes their first post.

Description:

Sends an email to the admin when a member makes their first post.

Useful for two reasons:
  • Members are far more likely to become regular posters if they are replied to quickly to their first post.
  • Verify the first post is not made by a spammer.
(Example of Options page)

View attachment 76300

(Example email)

View attachment 76301

Features:
  • Ability to send an email to multiple admins and or moderators.
  • All...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks. Installed :D

Maybe an idea would be to send a snippet from the first post or the entire post with the mail and the title of the thread?

Last edited:
Love this idea, I actually just requested something similar. Any chance instead an email, I could get an alert on the forum for administrators or a set user?

Love this idea, I actually just requested something similar. Any chance instead an email, I could get an alert on the forum for administrators or a set user?

Great idea Andy. I like the concept of this but I agree with oakley that it would be more useful if it sent an alert to pre selected usergroups. Taht way staff and regular members could be alerted about first posts from new members and then encourage that user to post more by interacting with them.

Hi @AndyB,

I'm having lots of new posts lately but I couldn't answer them all. Is there any option here to set a limit on how many emails to receive per day?

Only some clever human spam gets through and that is often squashed in less than 2 minutes with the help of this addon. Thanks @AndyB

Top Bottom