Awaiting feedback Firefox smiley bug

zappaDPJ

Affected version
Windows 10 version 21H2
Firefox version 97.0 (64 bit)
Xenforo version 2.2.8

To reproduce; type a word in the editor, add a smiley. The cursor remains to the left of the smiley. Clicking to the right of the smiley has no effect.

Windows 10 version 21H2
Firefox version 97.0 (64 bit)
Xenforo version 2.2.8

To reproduce; type a word in the editor, add a smiley. The cursor remains to the left of the smiley. Clicking to the right of the smiley has no effect.
I just tried to reproduce this on Firefox with macOS and I'm unable to.

Is this still an issue for you on XF.com?

I just tried to reproduce this on Firefox with macOS and I'm unable to.

Is this still an issue for you on XF.com?
It is (Firefox and Windows 10) if you type text prior to using a smiley.

However if you enter a smiley first your cursor behaves as expected. I'm actually not sure now if that was always the case.

The problem persists.

pic001.jpg

1667934171803.webp

Latest version of Firefox: 106.0.5

Agree. It very noisy. I should switch bb code mode to plaintext mode from WYSIWYG for adding a text after smiley.

I have reached the point where I am now thinking of dropping Firefox because of this and my members are not happy as they say it only happens on my forum.

@DaveM

Chrome based browsers are trying to implement a forced way that you can't block ads anymore which means Google will determine what ads you will see and what not.
Firefox is the only browser in the market which is not Chromium-based and tries to protect you from such non-sense things. I would never ditch Firefox if I were you.

XF has to resolve this bug. It is not a niche-bug, but a very prominent one not being resolved for a year now.

Last edited:
This bug is marked 'Awaiting feedback'. What further feedback would help get this longstanding bug fixed?

I can confirm that it still persists as first described in Froala version 4.0.19 on this forum.

Top Bottom