• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Firefox Quantum

Solidus

I do like it, massive improvement over previous versions.
I'll continue to use Chrome, however. Some extensions I need are not available on Firefox.

BassMan

I always liked Firefox, but I still use Chrome, because of too many Firefox crashes in previous versions. I hope this one will be more stable. I like sync in Chrome and some extensions, but I'll look to switch to Firefox, also on mobile.

Solidus

I always liked Firefox, but I still use Chrome, because of too many Firefox crashes in previous versions. I hope this one will be more stable. I like sync in Chrome and some extensions, but I'll look to switch to Firefox, also on mobile.
Firefox on mobile is ridiculously slow.

BassMan

Actually just installed it on my tablet and playing around. Yes, not so impressed. Another thing why I like Chrome, because of the mobile app.

Mr Lucky

I hate it so far, looks horrible and it was installed without me even asking.

You no longer see when a download has finished, a feature I really used to like. So I will just stick to safari now.

Alfa1

I think that feature will come back. I like how fast it is. I have been running Firefox 58 for a while on nightly because I knew that it Quantum was coming.

Snog

I like Firefox, but I'm not thrilled with the move toward an obviously mobile optimized style. This is taking some getting use to.

AndyB

One issue I had was the favicon.ico (toolbar location) would show the XenForo logo instead of the favicon.ico image. The fix was to create a logo.og.png for the site.

Alfa1

Yes, since xenforo ships with XenForo branded logo.og pretty much any xenforo site on the net now displays the XenForo logo in Firefox. I wonder if other browsers will follow and use the og instead.

Sadik B

One thing I miss is FireBug. On Developer Tools, when you want to add some css, it doesn't autocomplete css class names depending on what you type which FireBug used to do. Other than that, yes it's a good improvement.